Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Nitro for two months now, and have been having this problem since I drove it home. The keyless entry system only works intermittently. Sometimes it will lock the doors, sometimes it doesn't - same with unlocking. When this happens and I have to manually lock the doors, when opening the doors back up with the key (not remote, cause it isn't working), the alarm goes off. I have taken back to the dealer twice, and they reprogrammed the system. I have replaced the batteries in the remotes, still does it. It happens so often, I can'f figure it out. The dealer doesn't know what else to do, and I am very frustrated. Any suggestions? :shakehead:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had the same issue for 2-3 months now. I do have a dealer installed remote starter. The first 3 times I brought it in, the dealer said there was no fault found. The fourth time they ordered a new Wireless control module. The 5th time I brought it in to have the new module installed (after waiting 2 weeks for it to come in) the dealer did not install it and said there was nothing wrong. They said it was a different tech who looked at it. As soon as I left it had the same issue. I took it back and had the module installed. Still not working!!! They ordered a New part number for it and I had it installed today. Unfortunatly it worked for them and then stopped working as soon as I left. What happens is, after I finish driving I park and pull out the key. I walk away from the vehicle, like 2 steps and hit lock on the key fob. Nothing works!! I have to put the key in the ignition and remove it. Not even start the Nitro then it works. I am at my wits end with this thing. Nitrotech any ideas for me?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Dragonfire, I'm not aware that the remote start modules have been re-issued with the compatibility issues resolved. In your situation it sounds like the remote should be removed completely and then the operation of the remote keyless entry rechecked.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been having the same problem. Had the nitro for 1 month now, last night i parked the car and locked it with the clicker. when i got back to the car and was standing right next to it, the unlock button was not working at all! unlocking the car with the key manually set the alarm off. after driving it and parking it worked fine. i do have the remote started installed factory. i will have the dealer check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.