Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got the one from Dodge, they installed it. Start it up and after about 2 min or so it shuts off. Then starts back up. Then stops. All of this while standing right out side the Nitro. Dealer thinks the brain in the starter is wonky and is going to change it. Hope that works. Any body else with the same problem ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
remote

I had the same problem. They forgot to program the second set of keys....

So got the one from Dodge, they installed it. Start it up and after about 2 min or so it shuts off. Then starts back up. Then stops. All of this while standing right out side the Nitro. Dealer thinks the brain in the starter is wonky and is going to change it. Hope that works. Any body else with the same problem ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha ha they replaced the brain in the starter , still happening, went back to the dealer they could not duplicate the problem before, but when my wife went back best thing happend, it died right in front of them the manager ha ha on the spot said bring it right back in, so at least they have seen the problem

·
Registered
13 Posts
Remote Start Issue

I have the same thing happening. However, I also had an issue with my Gas Cap so I am thinking that the computer is seeing the cap issue and shutting down, then trying to restart.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
ha ha they replaced the brain in the starter , still happening, went back to the dealer they could not duplicate the problem before, but when my wife went back best thing happend, it died right in front of them the manager ha ha on the spot said bring it right back in, so at least they have seen the problem
The problem you are having with your remote start is possibly 1 or 2 things. The dealer was incorrect to replace the "brain" which is the PC-12 module. The problem lies with either the SKREEM interface or the hood switch. To eliminate the possiblity of a bad hood switch the balck/white wire needs to be grounded. This is done by removing the hood switch and retrying the remote start. If that does not fix the problem then there is a problem with the SKREEM interface. This interface learns the secret key code and allows the vehicle to start without the "chipped" key. A faulty interfacw will shut down the vehicle.

I have the same thing happening. However, I also had an issue with my Gas Cap so I am thinking that the computer is seeing the cap issue and shutting down, then trying to restart.
The "Check Engine Light" for a loose gas cap with not shut the vehicle down and will not be related to a remote start problem. Your vehicle's remote start has likely the same problems as I have described here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.