Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Remove 2007 Rear Seats and Put In 2010

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SatansNitros 
#1 ·
Hi all you Dodge Nitro fans! Newbie to the forum and needing some advice. Have a 2007 Nitro R/T that I am taking out the heated leather seats and going to put in our 2010 Nitro Detonator. The center console with all the knobs, etc., has already been transferred over without any issues. Am trying to figure out if I need anything specific as to a wiring harness or if everything will work once I have seats moved over and completely installed?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum @SatansNitros. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

You may run into all kinds of issues with moving the seats. The rear not so much but the front are a different ball game. The 2011 has active SRS headrests the 07 does not.
I also do not know what came in each rig. So there may very well be other issues if the seats are heated in one, and not the other. Same for power seats. Its not just the harness but also computer programming to make them all work.

#3 ·
if you have transfered over the bank of switches and all switches are working as they should then thats a great start, obviously you need the wiring for the heated seats (if it is not already there), plus there is a heated seat module under the passengers seat,

#4 ·
Weather lately has been really wet an cold. This weekend we will be doing the swap. Wonder about the wiring harnesses I should take from old nitro also. The entire center stack has been removed from the 2007 R/T Nitro to the 2010 Nitro detonator. But the heated seats button don't light up. Is that do to the seats have not been switched yet? Let y'all know this Sunday when move has been completed. Just wiring harnesses has me concerned.

#5 ·
Well rear seat in an beautifully done.
Front seats. Really pain in the ass. 07 wiring harness don't match 2010. And also the seat belt passenger side t-45 bolt stripped out. So it is a continuous process

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.