Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 nitro sxt 3.7l
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a 2010 nitro sxt 3.7L and have a daystar leveling kit on her. I am looking to replace the existing kit with springs and shock. I have looked at multiple options and I am trying to piece together to make my own kit buying a little here and there. I have the extended skyjacker shock absorbers with the leveling kit on her now. I have the extended springs and I am looking to replace the front struts to get rid of the spacers. I need help on what to purchase. I am trying to purchase individual items to purchase over time anyone can help with a part list I would appreciate it. I am looking to go up equivalent height to daystar height or higher but not above 3 inch. Thanks again guys appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,249 Posts
Old Man Emu front and rear spring along with Bilstein 5100’s for the front a rear. Roughly 2.5” lift and great ride quality!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
View attachment 39654 View attachment 39655 View attachment 39656 Currently I have a 2010 nitro sxt 3.7L and have a daystar leveling kit on her. I am looking to replace the existing kit with springs and shock. I have looked at multiple options and I am trying to piece together to make my own kit buying a little here and there. I have the extended skyjacker shock absorbers with the leveling kit on her now. I have the extended springs and I am looking to replace the front struts to get rid of the spacers. I need help on what to purchase. I am trying to purchase individual items to purchase over time anyone can help with a part list I would appreciate it. I am looking to go up equivalent height to daystar height or higher but not above 3 inch. Thanks again guys appreciate the help.
How do you like the Toyo Open Country tires?
What size?

·
Registered
2010 nitro sxt 3.7l
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They ride so nice. On the highway they have a small humm but nothing like mud. I have not once hydroplaned and with the tread really grips the little trails. Sorry for the late response the tire size is 255/50R20.

·
Registered
2010 nitro sxt 3.7l
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old Man Emu front and rear spring along with Bilstein 5100’s for the front a rear. Roughly 2.5” lift and great ride quality!
Honestly that helps. I was hoping though you had a little more detailed discription of the parts or at least a link to purchase. I have been looking at trying to keep the lift similar parts but the only available kit I see is sky jacker. Unless you could help with a part list I might have to either price together with the brand you suggested or get the skyjacker which I would rather not do. I have nothing against skyjacker but I feel like they are the only ones that would have what I need, I reached out to a few places but they no longer offer anything for the nitro just looking to keep her in the air without spacers.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Honestly that helps. I was hoping though you had a little more detailed discription of the parts or at least a link to purchase. I have been looking at trying to keep the lift similar parts but the only available kit I see is sky jacker. Unless you could help with a part list I might have to either price together with the brand you suggested or get the skyjacker which I would rather not do. I have nothing against skyjacker but I feel like they are the only ones that would have what I need, I reached out to a few places but they no longer offer anything for the nitro just looking to keep her in the air without spacers.
Here is all that I have
Front: Bilstein 5100 part# 24-282642
Rear: Bilstein 5100 part# 24-185660
I highly recommend JBA UCA’s also
OME front part# 2927
OME rear part# 2730 (with 1 added coil spring insulator to each top side on the rear springs to help level it out)
Teraflex rear sway bar links part# 1754500
Teraflex front extended bump stops part# 1903200
Rubicon Express bump stop (hockey puck) part# RE1380

(If needed) SPOHN Performance can make an adjustable pan-hard/track bar.... just contact them and tell them I sent you. They should have the specs from mine.
(I also had my buddy make a custom strut mount for my front struts. Incase I ever decided to go up without using any type of spacer. The strut mount is similar to what comes with the daystar lift. I paid him in beer and pizza 😅)
I just added two 2” conduit lock nuts to each front strut as a clevis spacer and another coil spring insulator to each rear bottom coil spring. Just did this about two weeks ago to get an extra .5” lift.
currently waiting for Pirtek to finish up with my brake hoses incase I decide to go offroad any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts