Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I'm looking to purchase a NITRO and am new to the forum.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to audio. How decent is the standard audio cd player, how about the 6-discs with subs?

Typically I would replace any factory deck with an aftermarket but I have driven some cars with decent audio systems (Ford Mustang, Lincoln Navigator)

Any audiophiles out there?

·
NitroZ is the place to be!!!
1,459 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum.
I am currently in a Charger with the Kicker option.
I had a Magnum R/T before that with a major system in it. So, if you are comparing a big system to the factory top of the line option, even with sub, they won't compare.

I find the fidelity of the kicker speakers to be very good. The volume isn't that loud but for a general listener I would consider it fine.

Bottom line is, if you are used to aftermarket, you will miss it even with the top of the line factory option.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amen peon. I have the 6-disc and the infinity speaker upgrade. Quite disappointing.
NitroRico, save your money on the factory upgrade and go aftermarket.
Thanks...that answered my question
Also spoke with a liberty owner with factory deck...it has been replaced

Was it the speaker system that was disappointing? I really dont care about the deck

·
Registered
83 Posts
Speakers mainly. The Nitro was a replacement for a '99 F350. Sony HU, Cerwin Vega components, Fosgate amp, 2-10" MTX subs.

Quite a downgrade for me.

I'm liking some of the features of the 6-disc player. Like mp3 playback, dvd playback (still gonna try to get that video out signal located). And the steering wheel controls are nice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hello everyone,I Looking to buy a new radio system to replace the factory radio.I need to know what cd/dvd/nav. system is the best to replace the factory one.I really need help finding out if the pioneer or clarion or any other in the market are better and where can i get it and install as well.Need all you're opinion.

thank you all nitro owner's
Gekznitro:feedback:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.