Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I bought an RER MyGig head unit, great features. Sirius, GPS, and uConnect. Problem is this. I had to buy a mic ($45) and the schematics I found show a cable between the head unit and the mic. I currently can connect my phone without issue, but obviously, they cannot hear me. Does any one know of this cable? Looks to be part number 68050453AA but Dodge says no longer available and Ebay and such are asking in the neighborhood of $600 for what appears to be about a foot of wire. What the hell am I missing? Is there an adapter plug? Anyone know the wiring config to make my own?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
the mic is normaly inside the rearview mirror, wiring then goes to hands free module, then wiring goes to headunit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the mic is normaly inside the rearview mirror, wiring then goes to hands free module, then wiring goes to headunit
I added the RER stereo head unit, so no mic in the mirror. I bought a mic but it doesn't plug into the head unit and requires a wire to go from the 10 pin to a 4 pin. And the MyGig has a built in handsfree unit. I can hear them so it is working, just no mic for them to hear ME.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
i presume the mic has the 4 pin and the headunit has the 10 pin ?
if so do you have the info regarding the 4 wires at the mic ?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
i can try and help,
i have accces to several years of wiring diagrams
first what year is your Nitro, the stereo wiring changed a bit on later Nitro's,
realy could do with seeing a close up pic of the 4 wire colours of the mic, and a close up pic of the 10 pin connector showing all the coloured wires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts