Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for anyone that might know as my dealer has no clue.
I have the base RES radio (non-sirius) which has no "Mode" or "SAT" button. My question is; If I get the Mopar Sirius Receiver and Installation kit, would it work on the RES radio?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason for my question was is, when I bought my Nitro my dealer throw in the "factory" Sirius receiver and install kit along with install by them. They have told me that the install kit is on backorder.
So I am waiting for it.
I have a couple of plug n play units, but wanted the "factory" Sirius.
So if it won't work with my RES radio then I might just tell them to get me other goodies instead.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
gABE, I can't believe that if it is an aftermarket install it would be any different than one you could go buy for$100 bucks yourself. I would just put my plug n play in and go for different goodies from the dealer.:cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gABE, I can't believe that if it is an aftermarket install it would be any different than one you could go buy for$100 bucks yourself. I would just put my plug n play in and go for different goodies from the dealer.:cool:
The only diffrence is that the dealer was giving me 1 free year of Sirius service. But I talked to them today and they told me that I can get other items for the Nitro or they can cut me a check for the credit they gave me ($475) so I can get a plug n play and 1 year of service. :Banana01:

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
169 Posts
or they can cut me a check for the credit they gave me ($475) so I can get a plug n play and 1 year of service.
Interesting, the accessories catalog lists the RES w/ Sirius for $475. You could also go that route, but then you'd still have to pay for the subscription and have a spare radio to either keep or try to sell. And of course you'd still need the antenna, which makes it a little less appealing to buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a huge Sirius Junkie. In my opinon go for a plug and play. It will give you more features and bonuses as opposed to the installed version.
Some examples are
Rewinding capability
Song Alert
Artist Alert
Large display with Artist, song and station

You can also get crystal clear sound using the Aux input in the nitro.

I debated about getting the installed version, but decided to keep my Plug and Play. I am very happy with my choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The sounds of the refund cost is the cost of the upgrade radio. the RES does not have the sat upgrade in it but the REQ does. my son has the sat in his 08 Durango and it is great. I am getting the upgraded radio but putting XM module in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.