Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to search the web and found that there is a new update for these radios released about a month ago. This will make the graphics look like the newer graphics that are black. Also the Sirius stations will display the colored logos. I'm going to due mine this weekend and see how it goes. You can search the web or wait till I post back.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I will wait for you. I had my RBZ added to my build list, so I would be eligible for updates through Dodge's website. But, I can never find the link in the Dosge site. All that I ever come up with is Nav updates on the web, but since I have the RBZ, I do not have NAV. Go figure! :loser1:

Thank you for the post! :smileup: :smileup:

:cool:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What site did you find these updates on?
It's all over other forums but I got the ISO files here.

http:// $$$$$$$$$$ /forum/7817961-post39.html

If you have the 33 version or later then you can update right to the 50 version. If you have the 23 version like me then they suggest doing the 33 version first then the 50 version. Some had issues if you don't do both with lower versions.

Here is the TSB

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0806113.pdf

The 33 version changed the Garmin Graphics to black but not the interface. So I elected not to install it months ago. Now the 50 version changes the whole radio to the newer style graphics. Remember this is only for RBZ/RHB.

Where the $$$$ is replace with cumminsforum .com no spaces

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
When you say 33, or 50, are you referring to the first 2 numbers? My system software on my RBZ's screen says 08.05.01. The software disc that I have says v8.5. When I added my RBZ to my build sheet, I was told there were no updates for my radio.

I printed out the TSB. Next time I am at my Dealer, I will show them the TSB and see what they say.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you say 33, or 50, are you referring to the first 2 numbers? My system software on my RBZ's screen says 08.05.01. The software disc that I have says v8.5. When I added my RBZ to my build sheet, I was told there were no updates for my radio.

I printed out the TSB. Next time I am at my Dealer, I will show them the TSB and see what they say.

Yes I'm refer in to the first numbers. Now I remember that you have an 08.05.01 firmware.

The TSB won't apply as it says I believe 2012 and newer. They might not do it. I can research your firmware and see if you can go from 08 to the 20,'s then 33 to 50.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here you go. I really like the way the black, red, and logos match my black/red R/T interior.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome look. Do all of the stations have their own logo? Did you you get a chance to check to see if this will work on mine? :confused:

All the sat channels have their correct logos. I checked for you and I think yours is such an old build as of now I don't see how. I'm trying to remember if my RBZ unit is newer than yours and what the firmware is.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I called OEM because I have a customer account. They told me that v 10x was available, and that it would be free for me, since I am a customer. I'm just waiting to hear back how I get it. I purchased the disc for v8.5 on ebay, from a Dealer in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I did print out the TSB and plan to bring it to my dealer to see if they can offer me any information.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called OEM because I have a customer account. They told me that v 10x was available, and that it would be free for me, since I am a customer. I'm just waiting to hear back how I get it. I purchased the disc for v8.5 on ebay, from a Dealer in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I did print out the TSB and plan to bring it to my dealer to see if they can offer me any information.

The more I research your version I get its a early model. I don't think you will be able to get the new look. Version 10 is just but fixes and that's it.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Based on my PN, I believe mine to be a 2010. Maybe the newer ones are made by someone else, or the firmware is newer with software beginning in the 40's and 50's.

They are sending me a disc - I'll have to wait and see if it does anything.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
bluer101, just out of curiosity, what is the PN of your RBZ? Did it come in your Nitro from the Factory? Do you know the software version that it has? I'm curious to see if there is a big difference between 2010 and 2011. I do not want to buy another radio! LOL Thank you.

:Racing:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bluer101, just out of curiosity, what is the PN of your RBZ? Did it come in your Nitro from the Factory? Do you know the software version that it has? I'm corious to see if there is a big difference between 2010 and 2011. I do not want to buy another radio! LOL Thank you.

:Racing:
I can check when I get home. It did not come in the Nitro. I had the RES 130 with Uconnect from factory. I bought a new pull RBZ then got the RHB shortly there after for a steal on eBay.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I remember that you swapped out your RBZ for a RHB, because you had the big screen Nav Unit where I have my Navus 2. So, you are on radio #3 just like me! LOL

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Model # P05064879AG

Laser build date is Dec.23/2010 which is for 2011 vehicles.

Back when I was looking at RBZ units I was making sure that it was a newer unit. The best way was the last 2 letters and the model # and laser date on the top sticker.

I think I was trying to direct you into this back when you were looking on ebay.

I'm afraid that you are stuck with the old graphics. I don't know what software is on it without plugging it in. But I think I remember something like 23. something.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Your last 4 numbers are also higher: my PN is 05064678AE. I found one on ebay: 05064678AF - possibly the only difference between E and F is newer software. When the disc arrives, I'll let you know how v10 is different from v8.5. I did print out the TSB for v50. Next time I visit my dealer, I'll see if there is anything else that might work.

OEM bench tests all of their units. They may install the latest software as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Attachments

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Well, today was not good. I received the disc yesterday, with no instructions. So, I used the instructions that came with my disc for v8.5.
First part of install went OK; Status Bar Showed about 50% complete, automatically went to second part, and it sat there for 1/2 hour. So, I removed the disc, to start over, just as I had to do with v8.5. I went to insert the disc and the radio went silent - NOTHING.

So, I'm sending my RBZ and 6-disc to OEM, and trading for the latest RBZ, v50, if they can not revive my RBZ! :( I also sent them back the disc - it was a copy so it could have had a glitch. Or, I am an impatient idiot!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry to hear that. If I did not want to hang onto my RBZ I would give you a deal.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.