Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I will wait for you. I had my RBZ added to my build list, so I would be eligible for updates through Dodge's website. But, I can never find the link in the Dosge site. All that I ever come up with is Nav updates on the web, but since I have the RBZ, I do not have NAV. Go figure! :loser1:

Thank you for the post! :smileup: :smileup:

:cool:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
When you say 33, or 50, are you referring to the first 2 numbers? My system software on my RBZ's screen says 08.05.01. The software disc that I have says v8.5. When I added my RBZ to my build sheet, I was told there were no updates for my radio.

I printed out the TSB. Next time I am at my Dealer, I will show them the TSB and see what they say.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Awesome look. Do all of the stations have their own logo? Did you you get a chance to check to see if this will work on mine? :confused:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I called OEM because I have a customer account. They told me that v 10x was available, and that it would be free for me, since I am a customer. I'm just waiting to hear back how I get it. I purchased the disc for v8.5 on ebay, from a Dealer in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I did print out the TSB and plan to bring it to my dealer to see if they can offer me any information.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Based on my PN, I believe mine to be a 2010. Maybe the newer ones are made by someone else, or the firmware is newer with software beginning in the 40's and 50's.

They are sending me a disc - I'll have to wait and see if it does anything.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
bluer101, just out of curiosity, what is the PN of your RBZ? Did it come in your Nitro from the Factory? Do you know the software version that it has? I'm curious to see if there is a big difference between 2010 and 2011. I do not want to buy another radio! LOL Thank you.

:Racing:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I remember that you swapped out your RBZ for a RHB, because you had the big screen Nav Unit where I have my Navus 2. So, you are on radio #3 just like me! LOL

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Your last 4 numbers are also higher: my PN is 05064678AE. I found one on ebay: 05064678AF - possibly the only difference between E and F is newer software. When the disc arrives, I'll let you know how v10 is different from v8.5. I did print out the TSB for v50. Next time I visit my dealer, I'll see if there is anything else that might work.

OEM bench tests all of their units. They may install the latest software as well.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Well, today was not good. I received the disc yesterday, with no instructions. So, I used the instructions that came with my disc for v8.5.
First part of install went OK; Status Bar Showed about 50% complete, automatically went to second part, and it sat there for 1/2 hour. So, I removed the disc, to start over, just as I had to do with v8.5. I went to insert the disc and the radio went silent - NOTHING.

So, I'm sending my RBZ and 6-disc to OEM, and trading for the latest RBZ, v50, if they can not revive my RBZ! :( I also sent them back the disc - it was a copy so it could have had a glitch. Or, I am an impatient idiot!

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I found one on ebay, your exact P/N. Dealer take out from a 2012 Chrysler Town and Country. I can't do anything until Friday.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Could not resist could you? I love the new look and it starts up faster and switches source faster too.
Well, they did offer to try and fix my old one - a "force start", maybe. But the more that I looked into this, I was at the point that my hardware was too old to accept the newest software. They offered me a good deal - not a great deal. But, I am OK with this. I will put off the sub installation for a while, until I make up the difference! Let's see; what can I live without for a while? LOL

I'll post some pictures to see if the RHB and RBZ share the same graphics, without the Navigation.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
New radio arrived today: PN 05091327AE, v50.00.07, Dealer Take-out of a 2014 Chrysler Town and Country. Graphics are the same as your RHB. Added benefit: Sirius Trial thru 8/14. My subscription on the old RBZ expires this month, so I have a small credit coming!

Funny how things work out sometimes!

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
One issue with the installation. The newer versions say Antitheft on the Lower Left Corner of the radio face plate. On the initial start, there is supposed to be a screen where you enter a 4-digit code. I have the code, but there were no instructions on how to get the screen to appear. I thought maybe pushing a combination of the hard keys. No luck.

So, I called OEM, to see if there was some kind of "trick" to get the screen to appear. The tech told me that sometimes this happens: no automatic screen on initial start up. So, I had to reset the TIPM. He told me to wait 1/2 hour. Reconnected the negative terminal, started the Truck, turned on the Radio and like magic the screen appeared! I never would have thought of this.

I even called my Dealer to see if there was a "trick". Of course, they told me to "bring it in". $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :loser1:

All is well. Graphics are awesome.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
If you sell the Lockpick, how will your back up camera work? Since I received my replacement, I have had no issues with the Lockpick. No issues with the new radio.

Radio does seem to work "faster", like you said, and I like the fact that there is not that much difference between the day and night screen brightness.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Does the RHB have the jack for a camera? I know that one of the migigs does; maybe the 730N.

I forgot to look at the back of mine, and I'm not taking it out again! LOL

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Yours' is the old hardware version, like my old one was. There is an update for v10. That was the update that I was trying to do, when my radio froze. Since I never got it installed, I do not know what the update does! OEM sent me the disc, so this would be the only and final update for the older version hardware. Since you are a customer, they will send you the update disc for free. If you go this route, I will tell you how to do the installation, but I will not guarantee the outcome! LOL

They are all considered Media Center 430's.

Just as a FYI, the newer hardware versions with v50 will work in your Nitro. OEM may take your old one as a trade.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
They are going to send me the CD as well.

I am not sure if they would take it on trade, at least not an equal trade. I also didn't get the extended warranty, so the warranty on it is up.
No, it would not be an equal trade. I was told that they only have the newer hardware versions, updated to v50. Mine is brand new, dealer take-out of a 2014 Chrysler T&C. I got lucky.

You can PM me when you receive the disc and they did not include instructions. I sent my disc back to them to see if it was corrupt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.