Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to search the web and found that there is a new update for these radios released about a month ago. This will make the graphics look like the newer graphics that are black. Also the Sirius stations will display the colored logos. I'm going to due mine this weekend and see how it goes. You can search the web or wait till I post back.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What site did you find these updates on?
It's all over other forums but I got the ISO files here.

http:// $$$$$$$$$$ /forum/7817961-post39.html

If you have the 33 version or later then you can update right to the 50 version. If you have the 23 version like me then they suggest doing the 33 version first then the 50 version. Some had issues if you don't do both with lower versions.

Here is the TSB

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0806113.pdf

The 33 version changed the Garmin Graphics to black but not the interface. So I elected not to install it months ago. Now the 50 version changes the whole radio to the newer style graphics. Remember this is only for RBZ/RHB.

Where the $$$$ is replace with cumminsforum .com no spaces

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you say 33, or 50, are you referring to the first 2 numbers? My system software on my RBZ's screen says 08.05.01. The software disc that I have says v8.5. When I added my RBZ to my build sheet, I was told there were no updates for my radio.

I printed out the TSB. Next time I am at my Dealer, I will show them the TSB and see what they say.

:cool:
Yes I'm refer in to the first numbers. Now I remember that you have an 08.05.01 firmware.

The TSB won't apply as it says I believe 2012 and newer. They might not do it. I can research your firmware and see if you can go from 08 to the 20,'s then 33 to 50.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here you go. I really like the way the black, red, and logos match my black/red R/T interior.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome look. Do all of the stations have their own logo? Did you you get a chance to check to see if this will work on mine? :confused:

All the sat channels have their correct logos. I checked for you and I think yours is such an old build as of now I don't see how. I'm trying to remember if my RBZ unit is newer than yours and what the firmware is.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called OEM because I have a customer account. They told me that v 10x was available, and that it would be free for me, since I am a customer. I'm just waiting to hear back how I get it. I purchased the disc for v8.5 on ebay, from a Dealer in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I did print out the TSB and plan to bring it to my dealer to see if they can offer me any information.

The more I research your version I get its a early model. I don't think you will be able to get the new look. Version 10 is just but fixes and that's it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bluer101, just out of curiosity, what is the PN of your RBZ? Did it come in your Nitro from the Factory? Do you know the software version that it has? I'm corious to see if there is a big difference between 2010 and 2011. I do not want to buy another radio! LOL Thank you.

:Racing:
I can check when I get home. It did not come in the Nitro. I had the RES 130 with Uconnect from factory. I bought a new pull RBZ then got the RHB shortly there after for a steal on eBay.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Model # P05064879AG

Laser build date is Dec.23/2010 which is for 2011 vehicles.

Back when I was looking at RBZ units I was making sure that it was a newer unit. The best way was the last 2 letters and the model # and laser date on the top sticker.

I think I was trying to direct you into this back when you were looking on ebay.

I'm afraid that you are stuck with the old graphics. I don't know what software is on it without plugging it in. But I think I remember something like 23. something.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry to hear that. If I did not want to hang onto my RBZ I would give you a deal.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Could not resist could you? I love the new look and it starts up faster and switches source faster too.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sweet, the graphics I think are sharper also. That's great you got Sirius for almost a year too.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I also notice on my RHB that it starts up much quicker to a usable radio after the update. I have completely removed the lockpick and have not had anymore issues too. I'm going to sell the lockpick too.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If you sell the Lockpick, how will your back up camera work? Since I received my replacement, I have had no issues with the Lockpick. No issues with the new radio.

Radio does seem to work "faster", like you said, and I like the fact that there is not that much difference between the day and night screen brightness.

Our camera has been disconnected since the last issue with the lockpick. I might see if the dealer can add it to the build if not oh well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Does the RHB have the jack for a camera? I know that one of the migigs does; maybe the 730N.

I forgot to look at the back of mine, and I'm not taking it out again! LOL

No camera inputs so to speak. All Mygig radios use the white plug for VES and rearview cameras. So it's easy if the dealer can add it to the vin and update the computer. If it takes in the computer then it will be active in the radio menus. There have been many reports on the charger forums of adding a camera from a Cherokee and updating the vin. The older chargers were not available with a backup camera.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Any chance a Backup Camera would work on an 07 Nitro? Right now, I have the aftermarket camera and it would be nice to get it off my dash (the arm is kind of broken, so it doesn't like to stay in one spot). I know I can get a lockpick and do it that way, but looking at all possible ideas.
Right now the only way is by Lockpick. I have not asked the dealer about adding it to the vin build.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Did the upgrade and got a unit with v50. Not getting the Dodge logo though, not sure why. The audio feedback on touch didn't seem to be sounding as well. It is kind of odd, but it does work and I normally turn that off.

bluer101, I noticed (just recently) that you have an R/T and it has a black panel around the radio. Did you change that to black or was it always black? Mine is that silver color.
It's always been black. Mine is a 2011 R/T. Basically the 2011 did not have a R/T model. It was produced for only a few months at the end of the year. It was to use up parts I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.