Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to use an adapter to use my 22inch rims going from a 6 bolt that the rims are to fit the 5 bolt on the nitro but the adapter will push my rim out 2 inches from the hub and i'm not sure if the tires will stick out too much anyone one know if i would have room without them sticking out?
thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I know this will be hard to hear, but sometimes you've just got to say no. This would be one of those times. Sell your wheels and tires and buy some with the correct bolt pattern. This is not a area in which you want to mistakenly place any trust. Besides, if you try to push your wheels out 2" from the wheel wells the fenders are going to be bouncing off the tires every time you make a corner. It wouldn't take long to rip the plastic fenders off your Nitro. NOT GOOD.:thk:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I Know Ebay But Other Then That Anyone Know Where I Could Sell The Rims? Thanks For The Help
eBay is your best shot. List them under whatever you know they'll fit perfectly. When they sell it's best to ship them mounted with tires. Get some thin foam packing sheeting & wrap. Tape down with some clear package tape. Then cut out some big circles of cardboard the size of the wheel and tire together and put one on each side. Then wrap that whole thing up with packing wrap (the clear saran wrap stuff). Call Fedex and they'll ship perfectly packed that way.

Your only other option is go to a custom wheel, used tire or multi purpose type stereo/custom shop place and try to sell them. The problem with that is they're really going to low ball you because they have to resale them.

In the end you'll be glad you went with wheels that fit properly... good luck!:wavey:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am having a similar problem I bought a high offset wheel to put my tires further out. I have tried alot of combinations 265/35/22 tires are the only ones I can get to fit.I am lowering the vehicle 2-3" this week
which will actaully help alot in clearance on my new tires.As a reference my tires when installed are flush with the outside of the fender flare.They look great , it gives the nitro a very aggressive stance. The tires have only beeen trial fitted and are being balanced this week .i will post pics soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.