Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
573 Posts
Hey would anyone know if the TIS 22inch Rims would fit on the nitro? i had them on my last truck and i don't feel like selling them thanks for the help
:Racing:
First you need to know the offset of the TIS wheels, which you can get from any online merchant that sells the TIS brand. (TIS website?). Then the offset of the Nitro which is 18 to 40 (I have 35). Bolt pattern being 5x114.3. Now do some research on your old truck (whatever that was). Hope this helps! :Racing:

· Registered
165 Posts
My loaded SLT has tire pressure sensors (TPMS) that enable you to check the tire pressure electronically using the steering wheel buttons. The sensors are tied into the valve stems. The manual says that the replacement tires must be of identical size to insure proper sensor readings, so if you do get the larger wheels to fit, it appears the monitoring system will no longer be active. (Just something to consider).

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
My loaded SLT has tire pressure sensors (TPMS) that enable you to check the tire pressure electronically using the steering wheel buttons. The sensors are tied into the valve stems. The manual says that the replacement tires must be of identical size to insure proper sensor readings, so if you do get the larger wheels to fit, it appears the monitoring system will no longer be active. (Just something to consider).
The TPMS is not a problem. I was worried about that too when I went from the 16" wheels to 20's. The Dodge type are the "intelligent" type. Some other manufacture brands require more programing. On ours I just switched my TPMS valve stems over to the new wheels. You may get the TPMS light on the dash until you drive over 15 MPH for a couple miles but it resets and everything is fine.
Have whoever breaks down your wheels & tires be careful though! They broke one of my sensors in half when they were breaking down the tire to get the sensor out. Luckily I go to Discount Tire and those guys take care of any problem @ no charge. They just bought me a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.