Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fully loaded, the price difference between the 2 isnt much.
I can get an SLT right off the lot today or wait 4 months for an RT to hit Canada

Dealer did mention I could be the first CDN to drive one.

Any thoughts?
At first I thought the 3.7 V6 210hp would suffice, but now I'm leaning to the 4.0 v6 255hp

If there was a hemi model, I wouldnt think twice

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know about Canada, but the US seems to be getting theirs now. Have you done a dealer inventory search from Dodge's website?

With some of the Auto Trannys have problems on the 3.7s, I would stick with the 4.0. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Part of me wishes that I had waited for the R/T. I just couldn't wait though. The 3.7 is noisy but it suffices for what it is. Perhaps if the aftermarket starts making goodies for it (cold air intake, exhaust) it can wake it up a bit. I didn't care about MyGig or even the upgraded radio w/sub. I do wish I had the sunroof but that's all. The R/T is cool, and as stated earlier, w/a Hemi option it would be a no-brainer but the SLT is fine for me. And about 4 grand less to boot!

·
Registered
790 Posts
It's funny, I thought the 3.7 is too quiet.

My SLT has the sunroof. I didn't get the Mygig, the 20" rims, or the 4.0/trans package.

But I have my phone/MP3 player wired into the auxiliary input to play music over the system. I'd rather have aftermarket rims & all terrean tires on it. And I'll probably put a CAI & exhaust on it to liven it up & give it a little rumble.

In my book, the Nitro version of the R/T wasn't enough of an upgrade from the regular version. ie; only 20% increase in HP, no graphics at all, and some bling rims?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm happy with my SLT as well...I figure with a few mods, I can get close to the horsepower and the 20's would make for a rougher ride on these Providence streets...part of the reason I wanted a truck was to handle the streets better.

Mygig is awesome, but that just leaves me something to shoot for down the line!

I would like to have color matched rocker panels though...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I test drove both and liked the ride of the R/T better. Could have been a line from the dealer but he said the R/T had a better suspension. Also, the 20" rims seem to handle/turn better than the smaller.... I may be biased but I would wait for the R/T

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm happy with my SLT as well...I figure with a few mods, I can get close to the horsepower and the 20's would make for a rougher ride on these Providence streets...part of the reason I wanted a truck was to handle the streets better.

Mygig is awesome, but that just leaves me something to shoot for down the line!

I would like to have color matched rocker panels though...
I agree 100% with rocker panels. Don't forget the front air dam/spoiler. Makes a big difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I test drove both and liked the ride of the R/T better. Could have been a line from the dealer but he said the R/T had a better suspension. Also, the 20" rims seem to handle/turn better than the smaller.... I may be biased but I would wait for the R/T
Hopefully someone can shed some light on just what the R/T suspension package is. I can't remember what the upgrades are.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Yes,
As a former RT Magnum owner, this Nitro would be quite the perfect vehicle if the Hemi was available, especially with the Mag version that can run on 4 cylinders, silky smooth.. That was such a wonderful practical idea that works like a dream.
Oh Well....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.