Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Is it just me? My chrome grill is covered with rust stains. We have been hammered with foul weather all winter long, and it is just a waste of time to wash the Inferno SLT Nitro. Yes, I have washed it 3 or 4 times but within a day or 3 here comes the next snowstorm. (next one due tomorrow here in Pueblo Co.) This road crap is the foulest blackest yuck..I'm afraid it's really stained the new concrete floor in the garage to boot.
Last time I washed it I showed it to local dealer, he thought it would wax right out, but not so, and besides that I told him I really can't wax the entire grille every time it snows.. He said he would order me a new one. But Jeez it's just gonna do it again. You would think that by now Dodge would figure out how to chrome coat so that is doesn't discolor. Anybody else with this problem? I discussed having the painted grille but he said I would have to pay the diff because they come in unpainted and have to be shot locally. therefore more expensive. I sure hate that crud but it is a winter fact of life in many parts of the country, and that's what a 4wd vehicle is all about..This should not be happening. Like I told the dealer, I just barely made my first payment! Hmmmmm...

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven't heard about anything like this from anybody. I wouldn't get all upset about it until I try another grill. My money is on one of two things. (A) You just got a defective grill or (B) Some kind of chemical not just bad weather and road salt got on the grill and because it sat on there so long it tarnished the finish. How's the paint look... OK?
I always give my vehicles two good coats of wax as soon as I get them for added protection.
(I use Liquid Luster show car wax. You can find it on line, but any good wax will work)
Get the new grill installed... wax it up good... I bet you have no more problems. Take care brother! :beerchug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.