Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I've had my Nitro (affectionately known as the Beast) for over 6 months, and still enjoy it, but do any fellow UK owners now how to input a Uk post code into the MYGIG Sat Nav - will only allow me to input 4 characters - I've read the owners manual several times and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong - so can anybody shed some light on my predicament - thanks for reading !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Meder24,
Thanks for the speedy reply. Just checked my Sat Nav unit - and there is no lettering on the front of the unit, I've also checked the user manual (again !) and can't find a model number etc. Is this attached piccy of any help to you (oops! ... I'm to me!)

Attachments

·
Lighting Guru!
3,633 Posts
That information pertains to the your vehicle and the database for the mygig itself. I was trying to determine what model MyGig you have.

The reason I ask is if maybe you had a US MyGig version installed as opposed to a European model.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sat Nav -UK models

Hi again - I guessed as much (ref picture - I mean!) It's a fair point about a factory mis-build - I worked for over 30 years in the Ford assembly plant near Liverpool (Now a Jaguar Land Rover plant building Land Rover Freelanders and Range Rover Evoques) and I know for a fact these things can happen - however, when using the Sat Nav it does offer the inputting of UK style 'post codes' as opposed to the 'zip codes' you guys use on your side of the water. so I'm guessing it's got an European unit fitted.
Hopefully another Brit owner with the MYGIG Sat Nav system can come to my aid - in the meantime it's looks like another night reading the owners manual - LOL
Thanks again!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Steve looks like that's the way it works as mine is the same, it is a pain because if you only have a postcode and no street name then you are goosed.:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.