Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a secondary radiator in front of your normal rad? I would assume its for trans cooling but I don not have the tow package yet... is it just an R/T thing or do you guys with a SLT or SXT have it also?

-Lil'

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
So you've got the radiator for the engine cooling system, then in front of that is the A/C condenser, then there's the transmission (auto trans) and power steering coolers at the very front. That's the setup on my SXT. I wouldn't suspect the R/T to differ much if any.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
In the parts listings there is only 1 cooler listed for both the R/T (NAG1 transmission) and the 3.7L (42RLE transmission). There is nothing else listed in transmission cooling to suggest there is a difference with the trailer tow package.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is there any advantage to having the heavy-duty cooling, even if you never tow? I was thinking more along the lines of air conditioning, if the tow package comes with the clutch fan, plus an electric fan? I assume the clutch fan is a viscous type, not an electric clutch. Or just marginally better than the non-tow cooling?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.