Serious Overheating Head Gasket Issue?

Discussion in '2010 Dodge Nitro' started by Matthew Wesselink, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Matthew Wesselink

Matthew Wesselink New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Black
    My dodge nitro overheated recently. Brought it to the shop and they told me it was the thermostat. I replaced it and it still overheats. I know about getting all the air out of the hex bolt on the right side of the engine, still overheats. I took it in again and they told me the coolant felt thicker than it should but was not white or milky. They said it was a head gasket leak. No smoke from exhaust. But there is major bubbling in the res. There is a small leak in the radiator and I have a new one to put in. I need help. Is my head gasket the problen

2. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    Welcome to the forum Matthew . When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
    Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
    That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Sorry to say, bubbles in the coolant when you first start it, is definitely a head gasket...
    Just when through this with my daughters Cherokee. I dropped in a junk yard engine and she was back on the road. That is, till she rear-ended someone...:mad: I then bought another Cherokee with a good body and blown engine. Swapped over the front end parts and back on the road she goes.
    I then found another complete Cherokee engine for $200.:eek:
    Oh, and the guy thru in most of the front end parts I used on the daughters ride... SCORE! :p
    Now I have a toy to play with.:rolleyes:

Deen likes this.