Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only concern is that it’s at 194K miles. I know the main issue with Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler has always been their auto trans. Based on your experience with the manual trans do you recommend? Is that mileage too high regardless? Thank you for responding I’m really looking for feedback here!!

·
Registered
2007 R/T
251 Posts
I dunno. I don't think auto trans are THAT bad in these cars. If they've been taken care of.

I would go for a 4.0L w/an auto (which I did). Extra HP to me is worth it. And towing ability.

And get one w/less than 150k if you can and negotiate for timing belt/water pump service (either get it done or compensate, which is about $1.5k).

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
194k is alot and will no doubt need some parts replacing, if it's cheap then it allows for some cash to fix it if it goes wrong,
the clutch is a dual mass flywheel type if it needs replacing then it can be costly, 2 members here had to replace at 60k miles, apart from that never heard of anyone with a manual tranny issue, the Nitro has 2 types of auto tranny 4speed and 5 speed, both are pretty reliable units, the 3.7l engine has a timing chain, 4.0l has timing belt,
check underneath for ANY oil leaks, check ALL the electrics work and i really do mean ALL,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts