Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, was doing some routine checks on my 2007 Nitro 3.7 SXT and noticed the serpentine belt has a split in it. I see the belts are about $50 but wondering how easy they are to replace?

Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
2007 R/T
530 Posts
Hard to say.

Some cars, easy one person job, although get a diagram going first before removing old one.

My 2004 Dodge Ram, needed two people, one to get underneath to hold tension on the tensioner bolt; the other person to get the belt over the last pulley.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to say.

Some cars, easy one person job, although get a diagram going first before removing old one.

My 2004 Dodge Ram, needed two people, one to get underneath to hold tension on the tensioner bolt; the other person to get the belt over the last pulley.
i think I might have to take it to a shop to get it done quick so i can get back on the road, just hoping it won’t be too expensive

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nah. Takes two minutes. Just put your socket on the tensioner to release it, pull it off, slip the new one on, release the tensioner, done.
You don't really need a diagram--but you can look one up before hand if it helps. Ribbed pulleys touch the ribbed side, flat pulleys touch the back, flat side--if those all match you can't really get it wrong.

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
814 Posts
easier if you remove the coolant/washer reservoir............BUT i did mine in about 15 minutes without removing it.....just need a long enough ratchet or breaker bar to loosen the tensioner. 24" bar should do it, itll stick up above the reservoir so you can get a good bite on the tensioner. Def dont pay the shop unless you just dont have the tools or experience........if you do id atleast provide a Mopar serp belt so they dont use a cheapo. DO IT QUICK! that belt looks rough.....it breaks going down the road youll wish you did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts