Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out this information today. There will be another TSB Flash update concerning Torque Converter Shudder/Shift Quality Improvements.

The flash covers a host of 2007 Chrysler vehicles which includes the Pacifica, Ram 1500, Durango, Wrangler, Liberty, Nitro, 300, Magnum, Charger, and Dakota. It's obvious the Nitro isn't the only Chrysler vehicle that has been having transmission issues.

Once I have the full details I will publish them here. I was debating on whether or not I was going to replace my torque converter but with this upcoming TSB I will be waiting.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
So there are issues with the transmission in the Nitro R/T too?

It took 4 tries and at least two changes within one month on the new 6 speed trans to finally get my Wifes "06" Ford Explorer (90% ?) corrected so it is not just Chrysler that has issues. (it has the Mustang V8 GT engine) Last time we just left it with the Dealer and got a free loaner car and told them to keep it till they corrected the issues. Mechanic couldn't believe there were two "Flash" update within one month on it. They had it over a week.

Also took copies of complaints filed with the
Office of Defects Investigation

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/home.cfm

concerning this issue with Ford and this new 6 speed transmission, to show it was not just our vehicle. Dealer kept saying they didn't have others with same issue. Did not register a complaint myself with ODI and was not too concerned since we bought Ford's 100,000 Warranty. But it is my Wife's car and she was. Using the Internet you can usually find out you are not the first or only one with a problem on any item. Sure all manufactures hate that we now can see the big picture using Sites like Dodge Nitro Forums!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So there are issues with the transmission in the Nitro R/T too?

It took 4 tries and at least two changes within one month on the new 6 speed trans to finally get my Wifes "06" Ford Explorer (90% ?) corrected so it is not just Chrysler that has issues. (it has the Mustang V8 GT engine) Last time we just left it with the Dealer and got a free loaner car and told them to keep it till they corrected the issues. Mechanic couldn't believe there were two "Flash" update within one month on it. They had it over a week.

Also took copies of complaints filed with the
Office of Defects Investigation

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/home.cfm

concerning this issue with Ford and this new 6 speed transmission, to show it was not just our vehicle. Dealer kept saying they didn't have others with same issue. Did not register a complaint myself with ODI and was not too concerned since we bought Ford's 100,000 Warranty. But it is my Wife's car and she was. Using the Internet you can usually find out you are not the first or only one with a problem on any item. Sure all manufactures hate that we now can see the big picture using Sites like Dodge Nitro Forums!
The information doesn't state which transmissions are affected. I wouldn't assume then that this bulletin involves the NAG1 transmission.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Larry, thanks, just got nitro back from dealer today, they did the upgrades for the second time and have ordered a converter, with all these problems it probably will be along time coming in.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
NitroLarry , Is there any kind of a time frame on this was planning a trip to Juneau(where dealer is located) & could delay it to fit a trip to dealer & business at same time if it comes before mid February otherwise its two trips to Juneau at $360 a pop. Live in the last frontier is tough sometimes.lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just had my torche converter replaced. It helped but did not fix the problem. It seems to be smoother but has a vibration between 35 and 45mph. It is still really noisy.
Donna in Burlington

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just had my torche converter replaced. It helped but did not fix the problem. It seems to be smoother but has a vibration between 35 and 45mph. It is still really noisy.
Donna in Burlington
Wait for this upcoming TSB and once the details are out I'll be publishing them here. I'm quite certain the transmission issues will be corrected in time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Frustrated (maybe to picky?)

Thanks NitroLarry for the info you provide to this site. I brought my Nitro in last week for the TSB it seemed better but I still experience the small shudder and vibration at the 35-40mph range under load it seems. I'm also bringing it in again tommorrow for the speaker rattle/vibration. This would be the third time I called and talked with Dodge they said to bring it in and they would get some engineers involved.:i_rolleyes: I will have to ask about this second flash update on the tranny issue. I tell you what it is really frustrating, is having to keep bringing in a brand new vehicle to play debug for Chrysler. I have had a Camry for 5 years and had to bring it in twice for cosmetic stuff otherwise normal wear and tear.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ppchasse.....Your welcome. This TSB is expected to be out by the end of the week, unless there are delays and I've seen that happen before. Seeing you're havng some problems still with your transmission I'd recommend waiting the week and rebook it so you can get everything repaired at once. Have the speaker rattle fixed and the transmission flash update done.

G

·
Trans issue

I purchased mine in Nov 06.

In Dec took it in because of a hesitation /bucking at 35 to 45 mph. They did TSB 18-037-06. This made the problem worse; it now does it at all speeds when trying to maintain a speed.

After being told to wait until it had 1200 miles, they ordered a torque converter and had that installed in Jan 07. It was better for 400 miles, than back to the same old problem.

Took it in again in Feb, they had talked to STAR and it was declared "normal".
My dealership had led me to believe that mine was the only one with this issue, that they went the extra mile by replacing the torque converter, etc.

Here service bulletin 21-002-07 states that is what is supposed to be done to correct it. BUT it is still not corrected!!

I am very angry, I sent in the postcard in the lemon law booklet that came with the owner’s manual, it was returned "not deliverable as addressed", for the address DC listed. NICE !!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Okay I took the TSB into my dealer and they were most helpful on getting this accomplished.

Yesterday I had the torque converter replaced and the PCM flashed and software upgraded. This was a full day affair for them as it's the first one that they have done.

Everything seems to be running fine now. I did several test runs with the vehilcle yesterday/last night.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.