Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the service manual available yet? TechAuthority says they won't have them until January and I'm itching to get started on researching a few things. Is there another source we can purchase these though or has DC just not yet finalized them? What are the dealers using?

Thanks!

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I beleive the complete service manual is out, it was mentioned in another thread earlier..Will be better to get a definte answer from one of the dealers or techs on the board :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only got the print manual for my '99 Wrangler, every vehicle I've bought since then I've opted for the CD version, which is just a nice big .PDF file. It's $90 but well worth it, and I can print out whatever pages I need. Last I checked, the print version was no longer $90, more like $300.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TechAuthority now has the factory service manual on CD available. It says they changed formats, so it's no longer a PDF. We'll see how this works out. Hopefully worth the price increase. It's now $120, and after tax and regular ground shipping it came to $138 for me, oof. I can stop bitching now, at least. :D

http://techauthority.gltghosting.com

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Yep, the new format is w/ XML and SVG so it should be more clear and better organized. I beleive the diagrams are now in color too which should help out a great deal alone...*Adds it to my Christmas List* ;)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
SVG for the wiring diagrams is a nice feature. Zooming in and out and not losing clarity. However, in terms of wanting to publish, say a wiring diagram, to the net, like Nitrofurumz, there is no copying feature. I've never used Adobe SVG for other applications so if there is a copy command its been removed from the options I have when using my source of information.

So far the only work-around I've thought of is printing the diagram and then scanning it and saving it as a jpeg etc.

Does anyone know more about SVG and a better way of copying and publishing? I'd like to know.:confused:

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
SVG for the wiring diagrams is a nice feature. Zooming in and out and not losing clarity. However, in terms of wanting to publish, say a wiring diagram, to the net, like Nitrofurumz, there is no copying feature. I've never used Adobe SVG for other applications so if there is a copy command its been removed from the options I have when using my source of information.

So far the only work-around I've thought of is printing the diagram and then scanning it and saving it as a jpeg etc.

Does anyone know more about SVG and a better way of copying and publishing? I'd like to know.:confused:
dont know about SVG in particular, but theres always a way... to get the image to the internet just take a screenshot, crop it to the window, and publish that :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grr, just got something in the mail from TechAuthority saying that the service manual CDs aren't really available yet, but my order has been placed and they will ship it when it comes in. The wait continues. I just hope the CD contains a newer revision than what is available through their online system. That one seems to be missing some info..

·
Registered
415 Posts
Grr, just got something in the mail from TechAuthority saying that the service manual CDs aren't really available yet, but my order has been placed and they will ship it when it comes in. The wait continues. I just hope the CD contains a newer revision than what is available through their online system. That one seems to be missing some info..

any updates on the availability of the service manual on CD?

i need a diagram on how to remove the rear bumper :wavey:

just jumped in and ordered the CD's hope they are available right now and i get them soon

·
Registered
415 Posts
I actually canceled my order after getting that notice and will probably reorder it at some point. The online version at $20 for 24hrs gave me most of the info I needed immediately.

i will see if i get a notice that the manual is not available yet....just have to wait and see

thanks for the info!!! :beerchug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.