Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only have 1500 km on new vehicle and noticed a shudder between 50 and 60 KPH. Took it to dealer and they "flashed" computer for an apparent torque converter problem but it did absoutely nothing. Any one else have this problem? What is Chrysler doing to fix it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Transfer case related...complain and they will change it for you...don't back down until you get a new one...MAGNA is the manufacturer of the t-case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There was a service bulliton talking about tranny shudder in 3rd and 4th gears some time ago...stated something about possible water in the transmission.

My Source: TSB_2100604a I found it through yahoo.

·
Banned
6 Posts
There are a couple of TSB's for the symptoms you are describing. There is the T/C TSB 21-002-07 REV. A, and then there is another one that describes a Surge, Grumble or droan during T/C lockup. This does not sound like a T/case issue to me. The T/case issues I have seen and repaired in the past on these awd vehicles has consisted of a strange feel when slow turning in a parking lot. That TSB required replacing some components in the rear of the T/case. I have done a couple of them with great success. But again this doesnt sound like the issue you are describing. I recommend you take it back to the dealer and tell them that you are still noticing the shudder. Give them details at to when it happens and what it feels like. The more info you give them, the better they are equipped to fix it.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.