Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the 1 CD AM/FM radio with Sirius. Wasn't sure I was going to keep it, or upgrade, so I didn't activate Sirius right away. Today, I was getting ready to call in to get it turned on, so I pressed the "Sat" button. It gave me the number to call. I knew last time I activated a Sirius radio, I had to push one of the buttons to give me the serial number, so I just hit the "info" button to see if that was it - lo and behold, the radio went to channel 1 and I started getting music. Sure enough, every channel I tried seems to work.

So, is the start of the year from when the truck was made, or when I call in? Did the dealer activate it for me? Curious about what you all are seeing.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
I fond mine activated by the dealer. I lost a month of service since the Nitro was on the lot for a month before I got it. You still should contact Sirius and give them your info, and get the subscription in your name.

G

·
My Sirius sat was active the day I bought my nitro (12/01/2006) but I just checked the sirius website under my account and it shows activated on (12/10/2006) guess I got 10 days free.
I never called sirius, but about a month after I had it I got a letter in the mail from Sirius showing my account. Looks like dealer set it up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I test drove my actual Nitro last Wednesday night, and mine was not active. I actually signed all the paperwork and picked it up Friday night, and it was active by then. I called them (Sirius) Saturday morning to have it all put in my name, and they said the free year started the day I called them. I still can't login to my account online yet. I will probably call them later to find out why.....

G

·
I've sat on the phone now for over two hours waiting for a human at Sirius to pickup so that I could activate the radio. I have tried repeatedly to activate the radio on-line with the SID number and every time I try the on-line method I get a message back that the number is invalid. I take my manual out to car and follow each step and get to the number, have checked it four times now and my wife has checked it. On-line still says invalid. No one answers at Sirius. I regret waiting since 8-28-06, the day I place the order up to today, 3-2-07 only to find out that the Sirius radio is nothing more than static. How anyone else got it preactivated is beyond me. Also, why, according to the web site do I need to pay a $15 fee to activate the radio when Dodge advertised the service as FREE for a year? Classic bait and switch. Typical American car manufacturer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I feel lucky that mine was going before I called. I just made sure that the account was in my name. When I started with XM Radio, it was a simple task, go to a website and put in your radio ID, and activate your account. I have been a fan of XM from the start. Now, having both, I still say I have to favor XM, better customer service, better programing, More sports. I keep hearing about a merger between the two of them, might just be the best thing for all of us!:pepper:

·
NitroZ is the place to be!!!
1,459 Posts
Wow! I am surprised to hear of these problems getting your radios activated. Every time I have called them they pick up right away. Had no problems activating my radio through the girl that was on the phone.

I guess you have to actually GET someone on the phone before you can activate though :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Got mine active right away also with a real female at the other end of the line.(it's always been that way with me & women) I've also had both xm & sirius & kinda like the sirius better don't dislike xm just like sirius more but guess it won;t make a diff. here before too long.:pepper:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.