Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 4.0L V6 avaible in the SLT equiped Nitro. Dealer claims it is a $660.00 dollar option. Does anybody out there have the 4.0L V6 and 5 speed automatic transmission in there SLT Nitro.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You know guys, I thought about this some last night. What your dealer is talking about may be a bit misleading to you and the rest of us because we think of the R/T as a separate model other than the SLT. However, Dodge shows the R/T as a high end SLT model with the R/T as a package on the SLT. The price quoted to you is another thing though. The bump up to the 4.0L gets you into the R/T package, but it is more expensive than $660.00. It could be he was comparing an SLT model on his lot with an R/T model on his lot that only has a $660.00 difference in price. If you were to look at the two closely, the options would be very different. I don't know, I am just trying to give you a possible reason he would have told you that.

Looking at fuel economy stats from our members, maybe Dodge should put the 4.0L in the SLT models and find an ever more powerful engine for the R/T. It's early yet, but it looks to me like the 4.0L gets as good or better fuel economy than the 3.7L. The 4.0L does use a little more expensive fuel though, so in the end it could be a wash on economy, but the grin factor could be worth it.:ura1:

·
Registered
415 Posts
the reason the 4.0 may not or never will be available for the SLT is simply supply of engines

the 4.0 is also used in the pacifica and most produced seem to have the 4.0 as it is required for the all wheel drive and such

DCX already had the design, tooling and capacity to produce the 3.7 so this engine is used as the major player in the Nitro as i am pretty sure it will be the major player in the new Liberty also

R/T production is approx 6% of all Nitro's built, i would have to belive that the production of 4.0 engines probably forces this, just remember the R/T came out late because of engine availability (pacifica got the 4.0 engines first)

·
Registered
5 Posts
10sleep, I too was hoping to find an SLT w/the 4.0L and got very excited when my dealer told me it was possible. I was still skeptical as I searched every online inventory of Dodge dealers within 500 miles. I thought maybe the dealer had some non-released type info. Then he comes back to me after doing his own research and...what do you know 4.0L only available w/the R/T package.

But, hey now I am the proud owner of a Black R/T and I am glad I stuck with the 4.0L and 5-speed Auto Trans. Good Luck finding what will make you happy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the 4.0L V6 avaible in the SLT equiped Nitro. Dealer claims it is a $660.00 dollar option. Does anybody out there have the 4.0L V6 and 5 speed automatic transmission in there SLT Nitro.
Dealers heads still in the clouds. Had me believing for awhile. Nitro comes with Customer preferred package 28L which would make it a R/T model. Still searching for my Nitro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.