Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced smoke coming through the vents when stopping quicker than normal early in the morning? It seems it only happens when the brakes are cold, early in the morning on the first stop. Smells like a candle is burning and you physically have to open the windows because it is so bad? Any ideas on what this could be? Thanks

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Hey there yycracer, I have absolutely no idea what it could be, but one thing I can tell you and that I'd be back at the dealership A.S.A.P. Obviously something is wrong so let them check it out.

I also welcome you to the best Nitro forum out there. We are here to help you if and when we can. Let us know about your overall impressions of the Nitro, (apart from the brake smell problem) and post some pics if you can...:wavey:

· Registered
788 Posts
Is this the typical brake smell you would smell on any car? I just drove over Grants Pass & the Siskiyou mountains in southern OR & northern CA. We stopped at a gas station & every car & truck in the place had some stinky brakes. I'm not sure about a burning candle smell, but definitely burning something.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was like the smell when you blow out a wax candle. It is not good at all. I shall take it in, even though it has not done it for a while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.