Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is the first time I got scared of Nitro. Power mirrors have not been working, so I pulled the control out of arm rest to see if it was plugged in properly. Windows have always worked fine. I held the power mirror button, it acted as if it was stuck. It a matter of seconds, module was smoking. I had to pull it out and disconnect from harnesses. I don't even recollect that I had key on. Idk. Anyone seen this before? I'm now afraid to start it even with module out. It is melted on one end

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,742 Posts
Make sure you get the same # Module. Not all are created =.
If you are unsure what one you need Send Benny a PM, (He is our Dodge parts vendor) he can look things up and price them out for you. Click here. He will need your VIN in the private message.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I am going back an updating all my different posts because that is the only way the forum works to perfection, UPDATES! Now, confession time on this matter... power window/mirror module...I had replaced it a couple of years ago because the button had broken off. WITH A PIECE OF GARBAGE OFF OF EBAY. So yes, it fouled and melted. 68084001AD (Mopar) is a perfect match, though it will say it doesn't fit online. It is identical for my Nitro and I bought it at a junkyard. Working great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts