Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minnesota just got 2-3 feet of snow... let me tell you that the Nitro handles GREAT! I was dipping around in the blizzard with 2 feet of snow under the car going 50-60 MPH no problem... not even a struggle.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Yeah, mine has been handling the sunshine pretty well also. There wasn't a cloud in the sky the other day and the Nitro just cruised along without a hitch...LOL!:D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It is actually fun to drive in the snow again with the NITRO. rbnsal please don't use the S word can put some folks in a funk.lol:SHOCKED:
Sorry, would "Dry Heat Conditions" be more to your liking?

I have to share this short story with you though. Several weeks ago it did get cold enough to snow here in Phx. But the snow never made it to the ground. It melted before touching down. BRRRRRRRRR!!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
You're killing me rbnsal!! We didn't get as much snow as my neighbor to the south here, but its been snowing for the last couple of days. The Nitro has always handled the snow easily. Love it!! The only part I don't like is the temps are quite warm (relatively speaking, not Arizona cold) and the streets are a horrible mess. The Nitro stays clean for either 2 minutes or 2 feet, whichever comes first. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Minnesota just got 2-3 feet of snow... let me tell you that the Nitro handles GREAT! I was dipping around in the blizzard with 2 feet of snow under the car going 50-60 MPH no problem... not even a struggle.
Hey Napier... what model Nitro do you have? And what size tires? I was worried a little bit about the front scoop below the bumper... thinking it may catch too much snow in heavy snow conditions. Sounds like no problem for you though?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I could only wish I had a Nitro when we got 3ft of snow dumped on us....ugh.

Although, I am not complaining too much as my Neon with snow tires gets around just fine....unless you are my wife, who gets stuck in a snow bank in someone's completely iced driveway just before she was supposed to pick me up.....women....sheesh...

While I can't stand the salt (new colour of my car), I would have liked to test a Nitro is such conditions. Well, looks like it'll be next winter once all goes well :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.