Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who tried to guide me in my quest to have my led headlights stop flickering. If you followed the thread you read that I had tried many different canbus cancellers and resistors. I even combined these in different combinations with no luck. Then I thought maybe it was just the vehicle (alternator/generator) battery, grounding problems etc. Well... After calling many different local companies I finally found a place that thought they knew what would possibly stop the flicker. The idea was another set of canbus cancellers... I called the mfg in TX and asked that company what they thought. The man told me they had never tried them on this vehicle or the jeep counterpart. I ordered a set either way. They work! Zero flicker. Just like the engine is off on both high and low beams. So, If you are looking at upgrading or are having this issue right now with leds's? I'll give a link to the harness. They don't sell on ebay, amazon or anywhere else I could find. You will have to source them locally at a distributor or a custom shop like I did. Again thanks to everyone who lent some help. It's nice not to have the flicker anymore. https://arc.lighting/product/all-in-one-harness-h13-set/

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
did they tell you what is inside the black box attached to the harness ?.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
well done finding these,

there actualy called " LED bulb decoders " inside the unit is a resistor for the CANBUS and a capacitor for controlling the PWM voltage, ( they are the same as the TRS units ).

Reactions: Scar0 and RG1

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well done finding these,

there actualy called " LED bulb decoders " inside the unit is a resistor for the CANBUS and a capacitor for controlling the PWM voltage, ( they are the same as the TRS units ).
I would have purchased them but I called them and the guy told me not to. He said they wouldn't help ..weird

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, im new to the forum, I own a Dodge nitro 2009, 3.7, v6 and Im also interested in changing mi headlight bulb to led. I Bought 2 set of headlights but the sellers did not told me of the can bus system and I plug them directly to the headlights but, they turn on, but did not make changes low and high beams. Do you think those cable will fix that problem?
Thank you...

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
No i doubt the resistors will change anything, i think you have bought the wrong type of bulbs,
can you post a pic or link of the bulbs you have ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello, im new to the forum, I own a Dodge nitro 2009, 3.7, v6 and Im also interested in changing mi headlight bulb to led. I Bought 2 set of headlights but the sellers did not told me of the can bus system and I plug them directly to the headlights but, they turn on, but did not make changes low and high beams. Do you think those cable will fix that problem?
Thank you...
Whatever bulbs you decide on the link I gave earlier will solve the issue. I decided to upgrade to bulbs with more lumens a few months back and still no flickering.. ALL IN ONE HARNESS H13 SET - 20132 -

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Thank you...
do you have problems with the bulbs flickering, or is it a high and low beam issue ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
do you have problems with the bulbs flickering, or is it a high and low beam issue ?
I change the light bulb but did not let them plug.in a lot of time becaude while I was cheking to see if they where correctly plug that they did not make make change of beam went I hit the switch.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do. I've installed two different led headlights since I got that harness and it works on both. You have to call them and order them direct At least I did. They are aware of the fact that they work on our vehicle as well.. ALL IN ONE HARNESS H13 SET - 20132 -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I just recieved my harness and connected it to my led lights ( they have four side) but went I put the high beam only two side turn on and went I put the low beam the four side turn on
Is this normal?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello, I just recieved my harness and connected it to my led lights ( they have four side) but went I put the high beam only two side turn on and went I put the low beam the four side turn on
Is this normal?
I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. The harness is designed to fit H13 headlight bulbs. These bulbs are both high and low beam bulbs. Unless you installed the harness wrong or have a short/shorts in wiring these are plug and play.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, it just I found it weir that went I put the high beam only 2 sides of the led lights turn on but on the low beam the 4 sides turn on. Wont the low beam light more than the high beam?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts