Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... So, like most of us who own tvs, I saw the new Nitro commercial where it falls through the earth and comes out the other side like 50000 times yesterday. The song is officially stuck in my head. Does anyone have any idea what the name of the song is or who the group is that sings it?

thanks,
Z

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
The song was allegedly written specifically and entirely for the commercial and the commercial only, would have to rip it from the video more then likely if you wanted to obtain a digital copy of it :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
according to adtunes.com (a GREAT site for finding music used in ads), it's a remake of "Freedom for the world" by Paul Anka. No one seems to know who the singer is though, one guess was David Hasselhoff.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Hrmm..i search itunes for that song and it returned two artists w/ that title:
Paunk Anka
Mike & Nicole

Neither sound remotely like the song - I dont think the Mike & Nicole one is e ven in English :p

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I don't know about the song but the spot totally sucks in my opinion. I like the one... Nitro giving a jump... that's NITRO! I really hope Dodge comes out with some serious spots to highlight coolness & toughness. Remember the old "Have you driven a Ford lately?" The one where they just showed clips of various Ford race cars doing their thing. That was good for the whole line. It didn't matter if you had a stock Taurus... you felt fast. Maybe a black Nitro doing it's thing on & off road with AC/DC doing Back in blacK! If they want to be funny be funny like the Mitsubishi Raider... where it faces off with another truck and the other truck leaks like it's pissin' itself. now that's good TV...and definately NITRO caliber... LoL! What do you guys think???

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here is the latest from adtunes.com:

Hi, I agree, it's not Anka's "Freedom For The World", I also know for a fact the details about the Dodge Nitro "PLANET" song.

As per BBDO DETROIT (The designer of the commercial) the song is performed by a outfit named "ASCHE & SPENCER" and the official song title is "Planet". Now for the bad news...Dodge owns the song rights that was specifically created for the ad campaign, and isn't available to the public.
I tried and failed to optain a copy to enjoy the cocktail type "Tom Jones / Englebert" sounds.

If anyone should have the energy to contact BBDO DETROIT and beg and plead; they could be reached at 248-293-3400
GOOD LUCK and KEEP ME POSTED

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know about the song but the spot totally sucks in my opinion. I like the one... Nitro giving a jump... that's NITRO! I really hope Dodge comes out with some serious spots to highlight coolness & toughness. Remember the old "Have you driven a Ford lately?" The one where they just showed clips of various Ford race cars doing their thing. That was good for the whole line. It didn't matter if you had a stock Taurus... you felt fast. Maybe a black Nitro doing it's thing on & off road with AC/DC doing Back in blacK! If they want to be funny be funny like the Mitsubishi Raider... where it faces off with another truck and the other truck leaks like it's pissin' itself. now that's good TV...and definately NITRO caliber... LoL! What do you guys think???
That would be most killer!! The current list of commercials are definitely lackluster at best. Maybe Dodge should ask their current owners for suggestions.

·
Registered
790 Posts
As long as they stop playing the rock'em, sock'em robots ad for the Ram.......... I'm sick of seeing that one. And it's stupid.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As long as they stop playing the rock'em, sock'em robots ad for the Ram.......... I'm sick of seeing that one. And it's stupid.
I argee... that ones been played to death. I liked it about the first 20 times I saw it. Now it's tired! Don't ya think Dodge needs to stop with the childish stuff. ******** acting stupid but loving their Hemi's... Rock 'em sock 'em robots... and Nitro's falling through the earth... STOP ALREADY!!!

Clips of a Nitro night cruizin' through downtown with all the downtown lights shining off it... roaring down a curvy road... pulling up to a stop sign with the stereo blasting and everyone staring. Some in your face music back ground music behind all of this and then... HIT IT Da Da Da Da Da Da Da!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts