Srs Airbag Iight

Discussion in 'Dodge Nitro Electrical Problems and Questions' started by Larry85, May 14, 2018.

1. Larry85

Larry85 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Dodge Nitro,3.7L,4x4
    Trim:
    SLT
    Color:
    Black
    Hello guys i have an SRS airbag light that comes on as soon as i start my ride up every once in a while it goes off and comes back on i was wondering if anyone has a diagram of where all the airbag connections are in 08 nitro 3.7 thanx in advance

2. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    The airbag light should come on for about 7 seconds every time you start your rig. This happens during the cluster self-test. If the light does not go off, or comes back on, there is a problem with the system. Which could cause the SRS components to not function when needed, and/or could also cause them to "pop off" when not needed.

Sorry to say, There are no less then 24 different components involved in the SRS system. They are situated from the front of the rig to the rear, right side to left, and even at the roof. One diagram will not cover it all.
    If we had a error code at least we would have a starting point.

Before doing any work on the Nitro, disconnect the Neg (-) battery cable and wait 10 minutes!
    This will allow time for the airbag capacitors to discharge.
    You don't want to have your airbags go off accidentally.

This is very important when dealing with the SRS components, wires, and plugs! If you unplug or plug-in an SRS connection (even with the rig turned off), this action alone is enough to set the airbags off.
    It has already happened to a few members here...