Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Starting problems

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Nitrogen 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.
I'm having a few issues with my Dodge Nitro 2.8 CRD diesel starting and wondered if anyone might have a solution?

The engine will turn over (crank over) but will not always start. Some days it will start immediately then some days it will just turn over (crank) and not start, however, after several attempts it eventually starts.
This is an intermittent fault.

I'm in the UK and we don't have many Dodge dealers or service garages that deal with Dodge so any help would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
Hi.
I had the Dodge serviced around a week ago. It was a full service including all the filters...
It's a intermittent starting problem. Some days it's fine, but other days it might take a few attempts to start.... Although it always starts eventually

I'm also thinking about having the automatic transmission oil changed (serviced) but everyone seems a little reluctant to touch a Dodge nitro over here in the UK. I presume it's because they are not a common car in the UK.
However, it's good to know that Fiat are now servicing Dodge car's.

#4 ·
Hum, was the problem there before the service?
You could have the lift pump pressure tested, including a leak-down test.(NOT the high pressure side, like at the injectors unless the one testing has the correct tools!)

#5 ·
don't get your hopes up about Fiat, no members here have yet had any joy with them, maybe find a Jeep machanic who's able to help ( not that new jeep renagade that's Fiat ).

Reactions: Scar0
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.