Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have steam billow off the front of their Nitro in the rain ? I was sitting at a stop sign and it was a cooler day and I see TONS of steam coming from the front of my Nitro.

It wasn't over heated seemed weird. should I be worried ?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Anyone else have steam billow off the front of their Nitro in the rain ? I was sitting at a stop sign and it was a cooler day and I see TONS of steam coming from the front of my Nitro.

I have the same issue every time I get mine washed. Steam comes from the front to the right of the grille.

·
Registered
85 Posts
YUP!!! Noticed this about a month ago driving in the rain. Stopped the Nitro in a parking lot and was checking underneath for dripping antifreeze. This is normal. Water enters the front grill area and contacts the hot radiator. This comes out in the form of steam. Must admit it had me going the first time I saw it!!!

:wavey:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Steaming Hot!

:wavey:
G'Day Eh?!

Finally had to take my Nitro to a touchless carwash, as I put the hose away for the winter.
Got a little freaked :eek:after coming out of the wash, which included underbody spray, to find my Nitro puffing out large amounts of steam from the front!:SHOCKED:
It took a while, but it eventually stopped.
Was happy to find out that I'm not the only one!
Thanks to the Forumz, again! :smileup:
Guess I'll look for carwashers that do not do underbody spray .....:thk:

·
Registered
2,648 Posts

This is quite common in the Nitro.

Do a search and you will see other posts on this.

As long as your temp gauge is reading normally, probably no problem.

I think that this will be less likely to happen if you have aftermarket exhaust and headers as the engine runs much cooler.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I too do not use the brushless washes that much but it was just too cold the other day to do it by hand so I went through. Man oh man the steam comes billowing out of the front end and nearly freaked me out...but now I know that is normal so next time it wont be any big deal. :)

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Today I hosed off some of the road grime on my fully heated Nitro.

Only a slight misting. Before headers and the exhaust it used to look like big steam iron.

The radiator is working harder than it needs to be because of the restrictive (read quiet for Consumer Reports Drivers) exhaust.

Ken

·
Registered
607 Posts
yes it is just a mopar thing. I had a 200 Jeep Cherokee Sport did the same thing, 2004 Jeep cherokee Laredo did the same thing and now my Nitro.

Plus my friend on all his chrysler products do the same thing.

Andy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.