Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an aftermarket radio that apparently can learn the steering wheel controls through the head unit's software. However, I need to know which wires control the volume, channels, and presets. I belive the wire that controls the brightness of the lights is in the same wire harness, so verifying which that one is would be helpful as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone tell me what this cluster is for?

Attachments

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Where is it located?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where is it located?
it's the smaller of the two clusters that are connected to the back of the stock radio.
Mine has a cd player and satellite radio but not uConnect, and no amp/subwoofer.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
This will help.

The steering wheel controls are all VIA the computer network.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought an aftermarket radio that apparently can learn the steering wheel controls through the head unit's software. However, I need to know which wires control the volume, channels, and presets. I belive the wire that controls the brightness of the lights is in the same wire harness, so verifying which that one is would be helpful as well.
No response yet? I'm installing aftermarket radio and am stuck at same point. The aftermarket radio harness has two wires that say "key 1 and key 2" but on nitro radio harness i also have two unused wires. They are twisted to one another and the colors are orange with white stripe and gray with white stripe..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nitro has CAN Bus steering wiring. Your generic headunit will not work with that. Youll need some sort of canbus emulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts