Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Dark Charcoal Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
Got my 2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L V6 back in October 2020 and it didn’t have any steering wheel controls nor cruise control, yet the wiring harness in the clock spring had a full 16pins.
So my thought was that the dealer either had an issue/accident and replaced the steering wheel with a base model without any controls to make it cheaper. So after some digging and researching I found a salvage yard that had a 2011 Dodge Nitro SLT that just came in that had all controls (navigation, settings, volume/channel, cruise control) and replaced the wheel.
After replacing the full, plugged it in and the cruise control works just fine! But I have no controls on the wheel (front face and rockers on back) nor does my horn work.
Now I know that my Nitro does not have Uconnect installed, but what am I needing to do to avoid going to the dealer and making me pay out the nose for them to swap wires around or something.
I found a thread on someone taking the guts out of a wheel and put them into another base wheel (his was for the leather or wood being worn down) and gave a list of what pin and each color means and needs wired to, but before I start cutting and splicing, does anyone have any ideas or has done something like this before?
Pictured is the other thread I mentioned, then of my new wheel.
Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Check this

·
Registered
2011 Dark Charcoal Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check this
Thank you so much! You found the post that got me started! I am in the same boat as this Nitro Owner! They did have to rewire a few harnesses and I’m hoping to just move a couple wires around. I took my nitro to a garage with a computer scanner and they could not even find the horn function in the menu so I may need to try another garage or invest in the scanner myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts