Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if any of you are experiencing slight steering wheel vibrations at speeds of 78-85mph. I can feel it in mine. Can you imagine telling a service center to drive your car at 85mph to see if the steering wheel vibrates? Go to hell!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
85 mph....Well I have had mine at 80 before but it was smooth. Our speed limits sure do hold us back don't they. There is about an 9 mile stretch on a a bypass here where where the limit is 70. But they are set up there quite often. And for some reason we have a speed indicator (radar) set up in our 35mph neighborhood. I don't know why!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Wonder if any of you are experiencing slight steering wheel vibrations at speeds of 78-85mph. I can feel it in mine. Can you imagine telling a service center to drive your car at 85mph to see if the steering wheel vibrates? Go to hell!
Most high speed vibrations can be attributed to wheel balance. If you feel it in the steering it will be in the front end. If its felt in the seat it's the rear end.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
70mph is the speed limit in most of the freeways here in Michigan. And not many cops patrolling them. I use a radar detector when I drive long distances. Here's a problem if you stick your radar detector to the windshield - the Jeep Commander and Jeep Liberty's windshield is too steep therefore you have to fix it w/ velcro to the dashboard surface. On the Nitro, I can use the windshield but the detector is angled 25 degrees. Looks akward but it works. There wasn't any flat surface on the dashboard to lay it down. The only place I saw that might work would be the top surface of the speedometer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.