Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a loud whine when i steer once she is warmed up (its ok cold!) I suspect the steering pump, is the fluid by the brake fluid as that looks full and its the only thing i can find with obvious fluid which could be steering in! does anyone know what the part number is for the 08 plate crd pas pump and is it the same as any other vehicle as nitro bits seem to be very rare! I can even feel a rumble in the brake pedal when i steer so it's pretty bad, it sounds like when you have low fluid but the level seems ok, any ideas?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,467 Posts
There are a bunch of CRD owners here on the forum, hopefully one of them can pop in and answer your question.
If you could post a Pic of what you are talking about it might help us non-CRD owners know what/where you are looking at.

52129329AB or 52129329AC is the P/S pump for a CRD.
I found this one on line in the UK. £70.00
Same part # for the Jeep 07 KJ and 08-11 KK Liberty CRD
Those are the only other parts manuals I have to cross reference.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a bunch of CRD owners here on the forum, hopefully one of them can pop in and answer your question.
If you could post a Pic of what you are talking about it might help us non-CRD owners know what/where you are looking at.

52129329AB or 52129329AC is the P/S pump for a CRD.
I found this one on line in the UK. £70.00
Same part # for the Jeep 07 KJ and 08-11 KK Liberty CRD
Those are the only other parts manuals I have to cross reference.
Hi Scar0 the one for £70 is for petrol 3.7 or 4l according to the advert, i think the crd is different, can't post pics as can't see anything its a real packed in engine bay

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if only i could see to find the numbers on the pump. trouble is she is my daily drive and i'm in and out alot dont really have the choice of taking the pump off to match it up I need to just find the right pump and have it ready to switch over,
has anyone done a pump before are they hard to do?
do I use atf in the steering?? which kind is best? I might try topping up to max but it looks pretty close already!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,467 Posts
The advert says 3.7-4.0 but for that part#, in the part manuals, it is listed for the CRD
52129329AC ENS Pump, Power Steering
ENS = 2.8L 4 Cyl TD
You might give them a ring just to be sure.

EDIT: See this link Same part # but less cost. £60.00
http://www.catherinestreetmotors.co.uk/jeep-liberty-2-8-crd-power-steering-pump-52129329ac-20602208f-brand-new.html
What I did was to search their site with 52129329AC. It came up with 2 listings.
These are the part # for the other engines;
52109980AB - 52109980AD EG0 4.0L V6 SOHC Engine
52129328AB - 52129328AC EK0 3.7L V6 Engine

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
strange how it only does it after a couple a miles, its almost like the oil loses its lubricationness!!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,467 Posts
No idea where the part # is located on the pump. You will need another CRD owner to look for you.

My pump in my old Cherokee did the same thing. New pump solved it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a loud whine when i steer once she is warmed up (its ok cold!) I suspect the steering pump, is the fluid by the brake fluid as that looks full and its the only thing i can find with obvious fluid which could be steering in! does anyone know what the part number is for the 08 plate crd pas pump and is it the same as any other vehicle as nitro bits seem to be very rare! I can even feel a rumble in the brake pedal when i steer so it's pretty bad, it sounds like when you have low fluid but the level seems ok, any ideas?
Did you get to the bottom of the problem? I have the same

1 - 10 of 10 Posts