Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Stereo Install Pics

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  danpfay99 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm installing an amp of my own this weekend and I was wondering if anyone new which wire would be used for me remote turn on lead? I know it is normally the blue one when using an aftermarket head unit, but since I'm upgrading the factory radio, maybe I should use the accessory lead instead. I know sometimes they are labeled.

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm using the factory single disc head unit by the way.

All finished
Here's a couple pics. Mounted the amp under the back cargo floor and ran the wiring along the driver side. Found a nice access hole through the firewall for the power lead.

See less See more
#4 ·
For the remote wire you can do one of 3 things...

Best....get out your multimeter and try to find a wire from the radio that supplies 12V when the radio is on and 0V when its off.

Next best....you can tap into the wire on the back of your radio that supplies 12V when the key is on or at acc. Using this wire could introduce noise to the amp.

Worst case....wire a manual switch to turn on the amp. Yuck!:(

With all three cases don't forget to use a fuse in line close to the radio. A 5amp should be plenty.

My $.02

Jerome

#7 ·
Can you disconnect that thing if you need to haul cargo?
Very easily, using Monster audio plug ends on the speaker leads, they just snap in and out no prob.
Looks like you kept it neat and tidy. Didn't you have the Infinity system anyway.? And are those 10s or 12s?
I didn't get the Infinity system, bought the SXT to save a lil coin for 20"s audio etc.
Looks nice & neat but thats a lot of lost cargo area.I to would like to know can it be unplugged to use the space?:beerchug:
I answered up top very easy to un-plug as long as you use the right connections...i also have the subs facing the rear instead of the roof to save space.
Man, thats one rough lookin amp......
Oh man, that amp has been through 3 cars already, but it's still pushing some major noise :)

#10 ·
for the remote wire all I did was geta plug for the 12v power outlet and ran a wire to the remote ampe seeming it shuts off when you shut the truck off. I dont like doing it this way but till I get the dash kit and a wire harness this is and was the easyest thing for me to come up with.

#11 ·
Looks nice! Just wondering if you found a ACC connection to connect to somewhere in the engine compartment. Did you go inside the factory fuse box?
Thanks,
Jon
went directly to the ignition wiring
Did you have any luck taking your truck to Injen for an intake setup.Or are you still waiting?:confused:
still waiting, theyve had a pretty big back log on prototype cars due to some of the R&D guys being away, but they tell me itll be real soon....i just tinted my windows so ima wait a couple days to let them have the car, dont wanna take any chances

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.