Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know but maybe this will show the wife. We have the Khaki SLT (automatic) it has the part time 4X4 and 2WD now the question is, When its not in 4X4 is it rear or front wheel drive (wife doesnt believe me that its front) so maybe some more opinions will placate her.

·
Registered
172 Posts
so maybe nitro will can aswer this for me. If you have the 2wd model that is. I was under the impression that the 2wd models do not have the 4wd selector switch. On the 2wd drive model it is actually a part time all wheel drive. On the 4wd model you select full time 4wd with the selector switch. In either case, the primary 2wd is powered from the rear axle. Do I have this right?

·
Registered
74 Posts
"The four wheel drive versions have two transfer cases, depending on the transmission. Manual transmissions get the MP143 GII single-speed transfer case that offers part-time four wheel drive (normally it is two wheel drive), with a 50/50 torque split. Automatics get full-time four wheel drive with a planetary center differential and a 48/52 front-rear torque split."

In either case when in 2WD, all torque is at the rear (RWD). If you got a 2WD only it will be RWD.

NitroOne1

Reactions: NitroWill
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.