Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ours had the sunroof/moonroof as part of the package. Not sure how the aftermarket will detail out with the headliner, etc. This is a pic I already had so it may not show enough specifics to compare with an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Shouldn't be aftermarket if it's being put in by the dealer should it? Pretty sure to put one in at the factory they cut the hole and install it, wouldn't think they'd have a different stamp for ones coming off the line with a sunroof.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
The sunroof is a FACTORY ONLY option meaning dealers can not install it. Therefor when someone wants a sunroof in one that did not come factory equipped - they have to turn to an aftermarket sunroof and therefor an aftermarket install.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I Had This Done With My Caliber.... Worked Out Great.... I Woudlnt Worry As Long As They Promise The Factory Warranty Will Cover It

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Factory sunroof

Here are a couple of pics of ours. Don't see how a non factory could look any better but then again I am sure there are trim pieces that go with the install. Is the nonfactory powered?

·
Registered
100 Posts
IMO, there is nothing wrong with aftermarket sunroofs, when done by an experienced installer. Its not a DIY project. Dealers sub the work out to sunroof shops all the time. If the shop if reputable, they will cover any warranty concerns with the sunroof installation and operation. The only problem with going to the dealer to get this done is the price. The dealer is no doubt marking up whatever the sunroof shop charges for this.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Mine has the factory fitted one which is great. The factory ones are fitted on the assembly line if I'm not mistaken and all the wires are neatly hidden. Usually aftermarket ones aren't powered.
As worknitro says, make sure they are reputable, even if they are fully insured it's still a big hassle if it leaks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mine has the factory fitted one which is great. The factory ones are fitted on the assembly line if I'm not mistaken and all the wires are neatly hidden. Usually aftermarket ones aren't powered.
As worknitro says, make sure they are reputable, even if they are fully insured it's still a big hassle if it leaks.
It all depends on the dealer and the shop doing the expediting for the dealer. Yes, there are powered, non-powered, pop-up, spoiler, in-roof, and now there's even panaramic roofs. It use to be 10-15 years ago that the only kind of roof in the aftermarket world was non-powered pop up. That's obviously not the case anymore.

It is true that on some cars the roof supports are different if the car is equipped from the factory with a sunroof.

I personally never got into roofs although I thought about it. My insurance rates were going to be too high. They said because of weakened roof structures from roll overs they recomend me not to get into roofs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts