Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to do a test drive at the nearest Dodge dealership to my home in Austin TX. I drove a red Nitro SLT G group. The Nitro handled well. I used to own a Liberty with the 3.7L so expected it would have the same power. It might have been miy imagination. but the Nitro seemed to have more get and go. The salesman was feeling in a dangerous mood and allowed me to test the (ESP) on some tight curves. I took 30mph curves at 50mph. and would have to say I did'nt notice anything dramatic. Maybe if the road was wet, I would have noticed something, or we may have ended up in a ditch.

I am still not ready to make my purchase I like to leave the salesman in suspence. One thing I noticed at this particular dealership is they added a another $1100.00 to the price of the car for interior treatment and paint protector. This is a big scam. I told the salesman he was waisting my time if he thought I was going to pay for that. he assured me that I would not be charged for it. Of course a lot of people pay for it without challenging it. I will be back in a week to negotiate the price even tho the salesman says they cannot come down on the price much.

Its a nice vehicle and I can't wait to park it in my driveway. If you let the salesman know that you will pay too much.:cool:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant G package. It has leather, upgraded radio (6 disc cd player), heated seats, 17" chrome clad rims, security system. They added running boards. Im not impressed with them, so either they can remove them or not charge me for them. I think after market chrome nerf bars would look better.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I meant G package. It has leather, upgraded radio (6 disc cd player), heated seats, 17" chrome clad rims, security system. They added running boards. Im not impressed with them, so either they can remove them or not charge me for them. I think after market chrome nerf bars would look better.

I was original going to get a Nitro w this plan - however I am in the south and I decided to go with a sunroof instead of heated leather seats :) Yes the dealer SHOULD remove the running boards from the cost and uninstall them from your car, if they dont I would look elsewhere as it is pointless to pay $400 for something you dont want. Good luck in your search!

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Customer Preferred 'G' package contains:

17x7.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
8 Amplified Speakers Plus Subwoofer
AM/FM 6-disc DVD MP3 Radio
Heated Front Seats
Security Alarm
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Customer Preferred 'G' package contains:

17x7.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
8 Amplified Speakers Plus Subwoofer
AM/FM 6-disc DVD MP3 Radio
Heated Front Seats
Security Alarm
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Out of curiousity where do they mount the subwoofer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.