Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright... so here i go... your about to read and see alot...

sometime in April 2018, my wife (xwife now) made me sell my Chrysler 300c srt8, it seemed like a good idea at the time..
30443516_10155369500128038_460940971520625283_n.jpg well since we had bills to pay (she didnt pay them) , regardless...

i went to a rcmp stolen/recovery auction and picked up a 2007 dodge nitro slt 4x4 with 100,000KMS (60,000miles) for a steal at 2250. but it was recovered in a murder and i never got to see inside it .. it was fully loaded... and the ladys voice is still in the unconnect (cant erase it) these photos are week one... brief introduction

MEET FRANKIN - TINA (the cause of my divorce and headaches ever since april 2018.. and countiing
30709010_10155384826498038_4516949282658069429_n.jpg 31124377_10155399187403038_8663221642856648129_n.jpg 33335219_10155465782398038_1741149835941117952_o.jpg
list of mods are as followed.. ill miss some but ill try
  • hid headlights
  • led pod fog lights
-removed running boards
-removed bug deflector
-removed cloud rider
-tinted signal markers
-tinted tail lights
-replaced hatch
- painted half hatch matte black (hide rust)
-installed custom tablet on factory nitro dash
-spent 2 months trying to re configure dash.
-gave birth to the custom nitro caravan dash +tablet spot
-replaced radio 10 + times after shorting it out constantly (current 2019 mygig bzr 430 )
-replaced nitro steering wheel witha jeep wrangler donar steering wheel and bag (intergrated factory nitro switchs inside )
-installed custom cluster led lights
-removed brown center consol and replaced with black center consol (3 times)
-replaced dodge caravan bezel 5 times in trial and error of custom dash
-installed custom dodge badge on dash
-installed thinkware f800 pro + rear cam
-winsheild mounted tablet for rear cam 24/7 view
-installed new windshield
-installed cnomecustoms winshield brown
-removed bloody carpets
-installed black carpet 3 xs
-installed volt gauge
-installed custom preformace pillar pod mount from colbolt
-installed trans temp gauge
-installed vacuum gauge
-removed factory brown leather seats
-removed factory brown door panels
-installed black / red RT seats
-installed black door panels
-replaced driver door switch (3 times)
-replaced passanger door switch (3 times)
-installed custom PRND12 led lights
-installed custom dash lighting for your feet.
-installed radar detector
-installed 54" curved roof mount light bar
-installed JL w7 12 with a JL 1100W amp
-installed 2 mtx 12" subs both run independent on two 500.1 alpine amps
-installed 4 other sets of subs that a blew up / seized or broke)
-reinstalled factory sub,
-replaced every single panel inside nitro to black.
-installed 18' rims on 33x12.5R18s
-cut apart nitro and smashed in for clearance
-installed demon headlights
-custom design / paint headlights (twice)
-installed custom flow master 40 muffler (all welded)
-replace transmission at 150,000km (2019)
-replaced cluster
-replaced tipm (used didnt program)

now this haunted deamon nitro drove and ran amazing at this point until it took a twist. now on july 27th 2019 i had taken a turn and crashed the nitro into a lake.
i didnt shut it off. it ended up dying after 7 hours. (i have it on video ) also the vehicle was tilted in a cat walk style angle -- F(- _)R wheels. after getting pulled out from being stranded, i was stuck for 48 hours, engine was not submerged , but the exhaust tail pipe (from what i can remember ) half the pipe (the circle) was in the air the other half was making bubbles.. this began the horrid hell storm iv been fighting to fix for months...

so the problem is i can cold start it (sometimes instant, sometimes takes a crank or 4
after 5 minutes APROX (depending on temp) the nitro started to choak out and then she will stall and die...
then i cant crank / start it without pouring (as the guy on youtube said (PETROL) down the plenum a few times (or like 30 minutes after it sits and cools down) i didnt learn this from youtube by the way thats a joke. everything i learned is straight hands on experience with these dreaded things

i run a tripple battery set up with a high output alternator. now no obvious answers. i have went as far as putting my factory alternator in and ripping out EVERY accessory ever installed.

NOT A POWER PROBLEM ...

for starters.. my fuel pump kicked the bucket shortly after the crash. (like 3 days later , my fuel gauge went all wonky during the lake time went to empty moments prior to the unit shutting off..

i replaced that fuel pump and she started! WOOP only to die just like before..
i replaced my spark plugs from the E3 plugs back down to the thriving cheap copper plugs
(since july iv replaced my spark plugs 3 times)
i replaced all 6 fuel injectors (after the engine bay spontaneously cumbusted and i suffered horrid 3rd degrree burns (jesus saved my life.. my buddy not the actual.. got that on video two)
i replaced all the coils with new ones, swapped them every what way possible
so went back towards tipm... replaced the tipm 3 times + 1 from earlier so 4 times total.
kept the best one. and yes i have checked all my fuses / relays (consistantly)
ran a jumper from the fuel pump to 12V ... still same issue
replaced the plenum intake manifold. with a new one
replaced the throttle body , twicce with a 3.7L and now currently using a 4.7L
changed the crank sensor
changed the maf sensor
changed the map sensor
flashed transmission twice
cleaned egr valve
replaced the whole bloody wiring harness
replaced started 7 times
replaced oil press sensors.
even just threw away the factory air intake and added a cold air intake.
im stumped !!!

got any ideas??

did i mention on december 10th the unit was stolen and crashed also onto of all this

still same issue

HELP ME

SERIOUSLY LOST MY WHOLE LIFE OVER THIS CRAP BOX

BUT I WONT GIVE UP OR LET IT BE TAKEN WAY

ITS SEEN THE POLICE IMPOUND 3 TIMES IN 2 MONTHS ALSO

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS THING !?!?!

IV BEEN A MECHANIC FOR 10 YEARS AND NOT JUST ANY MECHANIC

A CUSTOMS MECHANIC AND A HIGH TECH ELEICTRICAL

P.S. MY KEY JUST BROKE OFF IN THE IGNITION. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

AND I JUST HAD ANOTHER IDEA...

WHAT IF WATER SUCKED INTO THE INTAKE , MADE ITS WAY THROUGH THE INTAKE MANIFOLD AND INSIDE THE PLUG WELL? HOW DO I FIX THAT IF THAT DID HAPPEN.

·
Registered
37 Posts

sometime in April 2018, my wife (xwife now) made me sell my Chrysler 300c srt8, it seemed like a good idea at the time..
View attachment 38374 well since we had bills to pay (she didnt pay them) , regardless...

i went to a rcmp stolen/recovery auction and picked up a 2007 dodge nitro slt 4x4 with 100,000KMS (60,000miles) for a steal at 2250. but it was recovered in a murder and i never got to see inside it .. it was fully loaded... and the ladys voice is still in the unconnect (cant erase it) these photos are week one... brief introduction

MEET FRANKIN - TINA (the cause of my divorce and headaches ever since april 2018.. and countiing
View attachment 38375 View attachment 38376 View attachment 38377
  • hid headlights
  • led pod fog lights
-removed running boards
-removed bug deflector
-removed cloud rider
-tinted signal markers
-tinted tail lights
-replaced hatch
-replaced radio 10 + times after shorting it out constantly (current 2019 mygig bzr 430 )
-replaced nitro steering wheel witha jeep wrangler donar steering wheel and bag (intergrated factory nitro switchs inside )
-removed bloody carpets
-installed volt gauge
-installed vacuum gauge
-replaced cluster

now this haunted deamon nitro drove and ran amazing at this point until it took a twist. now on july 27th 2019 i had taken a turn and crashed the nitro into a lake.
i didnt shut it off. it ended up dying after 7 hours. (i have it on video ) also the vehicle was tilted in a cat walk style angle -- F(- _)R wheels. after getting pulled out from being stranded, i was stuck for 48 hours, engine was not submerged , but the exhaust tail pipe (from what i can remember ) half the pipe (the circle) was in the air the other half was making bubbles.. this began the horrid hell storm iv been fighting to fix for months...

so the problem is i can cold start it (sometimes instant, sometimes takes a crank or 4
after 5 minutes APROX (depending on temp) the nitro started to choak out and then she will stall and die...
then i cant crank / start it without pouring (as the guy on youtube said (PETROL) down the plenum a few times (or like 30 minutes after it sits and cools down) i didnt learn this from youtube by the way thats a joke. everything i learned is straight hands on experience with these dreaded things

i run a tripple battery set up with a high output alternator. now no obvious answers. i have went as far as putting my factory alternator in and ripping out EVERY accessory ever installed.

NOT A POWER PROBLEM ...

for starters.. my fuel pump kicked the bucket shortly after the crash. (like 3 days later , my fuel gauge went all wonky during the lake time went to empty moments prior to the unit shutting off..

i replaced my spark plugs from the E3 plugs back down to the thriving cheap copper plugs
i replaced all 6 fuel injectors (after the engine bay spontaneously cumbusted and i suffered horrid 3rd degrree burns (jesus saved my life.. my buddy not the actual.. got that on video two)
so went back towards tipm... replaced the tipm 3 times + 1 from earlier so 4 times total.
changed the crank sensor
changed the maf sensor
changed the map sensor
cleaned egr valve
replaced started 7 times
im stumped !!!

got any ideas?? View attachment 38384 View attachment 38385

did i mention on december 10th the unit was stolen and crashed also onto of all this View attachment 38386

still same issue View attachment 38387 View attachment 38388

HELP ME

WHAT IF WATER SUCKED INTO THE INTAKE , MADE ITS WAY THROUGH THE INTAKE MANIFOLD AND INSIDE THE PLUG WELL? HOW DO I FIX THAT IF THAT DID HAPPEN.
Get another project use it for parts lol.when it went into water should have got rid of it nitro are are the only vehicle with things you can't do but on other dodges you can.I love my nitro 1st one I ever had and would bye another but all jokes aside idk.one of the admits nitrogen or scaro can help u maybe these are awesome ppl they know there stuff...good luck

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
As above,
so many issues, in the old days if you got water in the electrics you simply dried it out, fingers crossed, and all was good again,
but not these days, water in the electronics can cause all kinds of damage to the computerized components, wiring and connectors,
IMO, not worth the hassle, get rid, move on.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
Distance to empty. 0Km. LOL
All could be related to the PCM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Nitro doesn't care much for water. According to the dealership, Ours held some water down in some of the spark plug holes when the water pump failed which ruined the computer. Luckily this one has the lifetime Chrysler warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update : replaced intake manifold, removed my 4.7 throttle body, then spent 48 hours pulling the main harness, repaired any issues re installed, and was getting a start and stall

now im one step closer, my p0058 changed to a p0052, then i was driving it down the road, guess i forgot to plug the trans speed output back in and of cource noticed when it was to late. ripped the wires right out ouf bank 1 sensor 2 witht the front shaft. and the unit is dead starts then stalls. no good (tip: if your throttle body light comes on and its flashing .. it could be from a shorting out 02 sensor.

update: replaced 02 sensor and she fired up, (3 active sensors now ) the 4th is a headache.

the headache is. Bank 2 sensor 1 plug melted off some time ago. i tried to wire it direct.

diag states BANK 2 sensor 1 wiring as followed
dk blue/lt green ---- white
brw/ dk green ----- second white
brwn/ violet --------- black signal wire
black ---- --------grey ground wire -----to frame

now i used crimp connectors, but im about to rip the 02 sensor out because now i have codes for

bank 2 sensor one heater high
bank 2 sensor 2 heater low

with both sensors reading 0V the rpm drop slow ( 5 mins ) and the vehicle presumes to stall

during this procedure i have now recently replaced the following also

3.7L intake manifold / gaskets
4.7L intake throttle body removed
3.7L NEW intake throttle body installed (with gasket)
new EGR VALVE
Installed extra grounds ---------------------------
4Gauge - pcm to firewall
4G bottom of engine block to passanger fender (engine bay side .
0G tranny bellhousing bolt to fire wall
8 gauge from battery to tipm fender bolt
4 gauge GROUND from alternator mount bolt to battery

question

would adding ground wires from bottom of the transmission to battery help?
would adding ground strap from exaust help?
should i ground my GREY 02 WIRES direct to battery?

Replaced all my spark plugs with new CHEAP NGK PLUGS

installed cold air intake
installed new maff sensor
installed new intake air temp sensor
installed new trans speed sensors
installed new crank speed sensor
insrtalled new cam speed sensor

rewired intrerior / sound system

currently running custom 4 battery set up with a huge sound system. vehicles dies faster with base drop
installed new alternator
fuel pressure check is okay

tipm is in check.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
BANK 2 sensor 1 wiring harness side.
Pin
1 BR/VT O2 2/1 HEATER CONTROL
2 BK GROUND
3 BR/DG O2 RETURN (UP)
4 DB/LG O2 2/1 SIGNAL
Add G to exhaust = Nada. waist of time.
Trany should ground thru bell housing just fine. Waist of time IMO.
Do not ground O2 direct.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm so i went for a drive after tones more work again, finaly the check engine light was off, nothing came back for the 02 sensors. everything was good until i shut it off... then it went full [email protected]%@%% COULD NOT START IT, PROBLEM OF SLOW RPM DROP TO STALL, and yes the vehicle was like Hey im gunna run okay for an hour , (noticed rpm drop rate SLOW but could tell it still was slowly doing the same thing.

got home and took out all my plugs and coils. all good . all fuel injectors are good still, fuel pressure good still

its like when you a woman gets a bun in the oven, it was fast fun and reliable (at cold start) then at 9 months (at running temp (just wants to shut off and sleep

now if i add gas into the intake manifold. i can get it to crank over start , then it will die immedietly, then i can start it until that amount of gas is gone. when i put in gear dies, sometime if i do thiis it takes 5 - 45 minutes to get it to stay running . (by stay running i mean the problems still there and its only time based on start stop traffic.

its a 3.7L Automatic 4x4. so now today i dropped my tranny pan, letting it drain, going to clean up the pan here soon, clean it up and rtv a nice gasket slap the pan on (couldnt find a filter) but i changed it 30,000 kms ago?, im going to take this time to clean up my leaky transmission cooler. / aftermarket tranny cooler lines.

now my question is ;'

can a bad trans cause the engine to slow down in rotations of the engine causing it to stall and not restart.
What would cause it not to start again, why would gas stop?

no codes except i got a p0422 i think. that all i got to work with now . but check engine light is gone,

ohh and i randomly get a c1000 and c1001 the od start durring its time of distress

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
Trany is not engaged in startup.
Sounds more like a fuel delivery issue. You said it was OK, but what was the pressure?
Can't find any of the code #s you posted.

Reactions: JPthekid

·
Registered
50 Posts

View attachment 38374 well since we had bills to pay (she didnt pay them) , regardless...

View attachment 38375 View attachment 38376 View attachment 38377
  • hid headlights
  • led pod fog lights
-removed running boards
-removed bug deflector
-removed cloud rider
-tinted signal markers
-tinted tail lights
-replaced hatch
-removed bloody carpets
-installed volt gauge
-installed vacuum gauge
-replaced cluster

NOT A POWER PROBLEM ...

changed the crank sensor
changed the maf sensor
changed the map sensor
cleaned egr valve
replaced started 7 times
im stumped !!!

got any ideas?? View attachment 38384 View attachment 38385

did i mention on december 10th the unit was stolen and crashed also onto of all this View attachment 38386

still same issue View attachment 38387 View attachment 38388

HELP ME

This is like a Twilight Zone episode. Be happy you’re alive.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Lmao.... twilight zone for sure! I agree with Scar.... seems like ur not getting fuel. Or not enough. Fuel pump coming on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts