Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I hate to say it but if you know people that are interested in nitros the 3.7 is junk it also only has a four-speed transmission so it burns a lot of gas recommend the 4.0 to everybody it has a five-speed Burns less gas I get 22.6 mi to the gallon on bad days and 23 one on good days with my nitro 4.0 detonator don't let anybody buy a 3.7 they're all junk the motor blow up I've been worn by mechanics that I've talked to all over the place how lucky we are to have 4.0's also you're going to run into some electrical issues all these nitros have computer and glitch issues even Dodge warn me about it a lot of stuff you're going to need the exact code most of the time you run into a Catalytic converter issue or you're running to a wire short these nitros were built in a attitude against Jeep so they're a little tricky here and there but we're all here to help you we've all learned something along the way I've talked to so many mechanics and spent so much money I could tell you quite a bit but there's things I don't know so we're all here blessings to you

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,250 Posts
Guys I hate to say it but if you know people that are interested in nitros the 3.7 is junk it also only has a four-speed transmission so it burns a lot of gas recommend the 4.0 to everybody it has a five-speed Burns less gas I get 22.6 mi to the gallon on bad days and 23 one on good days with my nitro 4.0 detonator don't let anybody buy a 3.7 they're all junk the motor blow up I've been worn by mechanics that I've talked to all over the place how lucky we are to have 4.0's also you're going to run into some electrical issues all these nitros have computer and glitch issues even Dodge warn me about it a lot of stuff you're going to need the exact code most of the time you run into a Catalytic converter issue or you're running to a wire short these nitros were built in a attitude against Jeep so they're a little tricky here and there but we're all here to help you we've all learned something along the way I've talked to so many mechanics and spent so much money I could tell you quite a bit but there's things I don't know so we're all here blessings to you
Currently at 180K miles on my 3.7L and the only major issue I have had is the intake valve seat on Cylinder 2 dropping about 5k miles ago. Had the heads redone and new timing chain kit. Runs great! Even better with the stage II JET chip, JET xcelerator, CAI, free flow exhaust. Was doing great with a larger TB but ended up having a small issue with that.
I guess it really just depends on where the vehicles is from and how well taken care of it is.
Yeah, they have some electrical issue here and there as well.
California emissions sucks ^ss though. My buddies truck came from there and had four catalytic converters on it. That’s crazy!

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
What a load of S##T you talk, blessings to you,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a load of S##T you talk, blessings to you,
First of all don't talk to me like that second of all I was told that by three mechanics that they're junk second of all go f*** yourself f** piece of s*** you're lucky I don't know where you're at dickwad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Currently at 180K miles on my 3.7L and the only major issue I have had is the intake valve seat on Cylinder 2 dropping about 5k miles ago. Had the heads redone and new timing chain kit. Runs great! Even better with the stage II JET chip, JET xcelerator, CAI, free flow exhaust. Was doing great with a larger TB but ended up having a small issue with that.
I guess it really just depends on where the vehicles is from and how well taken care of it is.
Yeah, they have some electrical issue here and there as well.
California emissions sucks ^ss though. My buddies truck came from there and had four catalytic converters on it. That’s crazy!
Yes I was told by three different mechanics and three different shops that a lot of the 3.7's they've seen are junk lot of lemons nowadays fix that converter problem with a ghost plug

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
WOW thats no way for a lady to speak, blessings to you,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts