Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 nitro 3.7 engine. My throttle control light pops on and my temperature gauge drops to cold, and the fan kicks on. It wasn't idling bad until yesterday. It clicked on and then the idle dropped to about half grand. It didn't stall. everything I have seen says replace thermostat and throttle position sensors. Just checking if this i the right thing to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I figured out I can't just buy the sensor. Now I will just have to get a throttle body that has the sensor attached. Bout 100 will let you know if it works

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,278 Posts
I have a 2009 nitro 3.7 engine. My throttle control light pops on and my temperature gauge drops to cold, and the fan kicks on. It wasn't idling bad until yesterday. It clicked on and then the idle dropped to about half grand. It didn't stall. everything I have seen says replace thermostat and throttle position sensors. Just checking if this i the right thing to do.
Yeah, the throttle position sensor is built into the TB :\
Sounds like you may have something else going on.
When and if you have time, check your TIPM for water or moisture damage...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so now it was showing the Tpm light and my temp gauge drops to cold, the fan continually runs. Then my temp gauge spikes to overheating the temp light comes on and dings, the car idles crappy. This was revolving back and forth as I drove and stopped. Now it won't start at all. Says it's overheated and the starter sticks. Ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts