Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year to everyone. May the new year bring us new tidings. Thank you so much for keeping the forum active and sharing your experience with us.
I have an 07 Dodge nitro . I recently started experiencing series of malfunctions with my vehicle. It started with delay in starting. It will crank for a period of time before it picks up and sometimes it doesn't start at all. Then later the thunder bolt sign also appears on the dash and the engine will lose power. Even when the acelerator is pressed down, the vehicle moves at it own pace.
I know some of you may have experienced this problem before and would like to share your solution with me. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my Nitro, so I don't have any experience with that, but I did get this off an owners manual that I downloaded:

Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Light
• This light informs you of a problem with the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system.
• If a problem is detected, the light will come on while the engine is running. Cycle the
ignition key when the vehicle has completely stopped and the shift lever is placed in
the PARK position; the light should turn off.
• If the light remains lit with the engine running, your vehicle will usually be drivable;
however, see an authorized dealer for service as soon as possible. If the light is
flashing when the engine is running, immediate service is required and you may
experience reduced performance, an elevated/rough idle or engine stall and your
vehicle may require towing. We recommend you do not operate the vehicle. Have the
vehicle serviced immediately.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got my Nitro, so I don't have any experience with that, but I did get this off an owners manual that I downloaded:

• This light informs you of a problem with the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system.
• If a problem is detected, the light will come on while the engine is running. Cycle the
ignition key when the vehicle has completely stopped and the shift lever is placed in
• If the light remains lit with the engine running, your vehicle will usually be drivable;
however, see an authorized dealer for service as soon as possible. If the light is
vehicle may require towing. We recommend you do not operate the vehicle. Have the
Thank you so much.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Try checking the battery. Believe it or not, when it's going bad it will make your car do crazy things. Mine did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts