Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done either of these? I think these will be my first two "mods"..

If anyone doesnt know what "debadging" is it would be removing the decals such as the "Nitro SLT/SXT" on the back of the car...Which would make people even more curious when they're staring trying to figure out what the heck you're driving :D

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I beleive Im just going to get the front windows to match the back..normally Id go with super dark...but I think I might go a little lighter this time..

and for debading I havent decided if I want to do that yet...

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Note: This is just a simple walk-thru. I am not responsible for any damages caused while following these instructions so use at your own risk!

Tools Needed
  • Heatgun/Hair dryer
  • Smooth shop towels/Kitchen handtowel
  • Waxed dental floss (Any flavor :p)
  • Goo gone or WD40

Step 1: Head the desired emblem on high for a good 10+ minutes on high heat being sure emblem ets equal heat all over. Be patient, the longer you spend on this step the easier it will be later on.

Step 2: Cut off a nice long piece of denta floss and get a firm grip on it. Slide it under the emblem and pull it across firmly but carefully. Dont be afraid to exert good force on it. If its too hard keep heating it up to loosen the glue.

Step 3: Once you remove the logo the chances are there will be some residue left over. Use the Goo gone or WD40 to rub until all residue is gone. A putty knife inside of a towel can help out - just be careful.

Step 4: Clean the area with soapy water and you can optionally wax the area to get it nice and shiny :)

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good without the SLT.

Might want to do a quick photoshop to make sure you like it w/o the Nitro.
Yep, much improved - and it was free and simple..
Heres a photoshop with no badging at all - I really like it - looks very clean + peopple will REALLY be wondering what Im driving :Na_Na_Na_Na:

NitroWill, Great walkthrough :ura1:

I will see if I can duplicate on the Sirius radio thread. What other "badges" are you planning to remove if any?
Thanks, Hopefully will be the first of many...I plan on taking off the "Nitro" on the back tomorrow or later this weekend ^ see above :)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Have you noticed that no one has commented of the removal of these desired attached emblems...........In fact , I will have to dig out my R/T emblems for my Challenger and do a little work on My Nitro soon...........It could be the very first R/T in Rockingham.........

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like it.

Badges? We don't need no steenkin' badges.

My condolences on having to get real plates in 5 days. Kinda cool when you have those temp plates. Everyone who sees them gets jealous (unless of course they just bought a new car too!)

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eek, 5 days....dealer still hasnt called to tell me mine are in yet...I wanted to get custom ones...but I didnt think...I bet I coulda got something really neat w/ the nitro too since im basically only of few nitro owners in texas :p

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.