Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of tinted rear lights and some corresponding brake/turn/reverse LEDs. The brake and turn LEDs are on backorder, so I decided to replace them without the LEDs. It's pretty simple to remove them, so when the LEDs come in, I'll just pop them in.

Stock tails
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light Automotive tire

Tinted
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Factory tail (left) vs. Smoked tail (right). There is a subtle difference. It looks a whole lot darker in the picture, but it's really only a little darker. I like the change.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive side marker light Motor vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like em! Are you getting red LEDs, or white? I saw some videos that said you should get red LEDs even if you are putting them under red lenses, and amber under amber lenses. I already had put white LEDs in the front amber marker lights. I probably won't change them, as I'll probably be getting new headlight assemblies pretty soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like em! Are you getting red LEDs, or white? I saw some videos that said you should get red LEDs even if you are putting them under red lenses, and amber under amber lenses. I already had put white LEDs in the front amber marker lights. I probably won't change them, as I'll probably be getting new headlight assemblies pretty soon.
Thanks! I ordered red LEDs for the brake/turn and switchbacks for the front. My headlights are shipping from JEGS tomorrow, so I'll probably wait to put them in until I get the headlights from Morimoto. Red should shine brighter through the red lens, even at half the lumens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I requested a bunch of colored back lights and some relating brake/turn/switch LEDs. The brake and turn LEDs are on delay purchase, so I chose to supplant them without the LEDs. It's easy to eliminate them, so when the LEDs come in, I'll simply pop them in.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
well done Peecee the smoked looks way better,
that high level brake light also comes in several different smoke or clear lens options, while stocks last,

Reactions: Peecee

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was debating on a smoked LED center brake light or doing an LED bulb, pretty much for the reason of stock vs. aftermarket issues.
The stock ones might already be LED. I haven't been able to confirm yet though. It also may have changed from an assembly with bulbs, to LED, over the years of production. I guess the manual states that there are a certain type of replaceable bulbs in there, but when some people check, it's LED. I haven't checked mine yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts