Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened several times..the rear left chimes in that the pressure is wrong. Sometimes it gives a reading (13# or some number) and sometimes no reading at all. After a few seconds the indicator light goes off. Tire is fine. I looked at the wheel thread showing the sensors. I believe I have a faulty one. Not a bad problem but one to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
DC, I had this happen once, scared the @#$ out of me, as I was merging into traffic and had no real place to pull over and check. I had to drive a couple blocks wondering what was going on, by the time I got pulled over it was reading fine.

Wierd,

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
i'm currently having these problems whereas the display shows the pressure of all four tires,there is some chiming.what steps did you guys take? may take her in to be checked
So are you saying that you've physically checked the tire pressures and they are good and there is a chime? My second question are you driving with your seatbelt on or off because there will be a chime driving with your seatbelt off?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys. The chime tone is notification that the EVIC has picked up a potential problem. This one happens to be that the tire pressure is low in one of the tires. The EVIC shows the tire pressure screen and which tire is at fault. Yesterday it went off about 5 times. I physically checked the air and it had 33#. I added up to 35 #. This didn't have an effect on the notification. It is always the drivers side rear tire. I will call the dealership and see if they have any new sensors and when they can install. I will let you know what happens. As I previously posted, we always took for granted we had air, now something to really help you when it is working correctly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
same trouble ?

My wife informs me that the right rear tire sensor goes nuts only when crossing the Coleman bridge-south bound,[crosses York river-near Navel Weapons Station]is sensor radio read,could it be affected by ship to shore,or just the approach of the bridge/sun position ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.