Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 dodge Nitro. I love it but I HATE these 20 inch tires with a mighty passion. I've been perusing the forums for what else will fit but now I'd like to get opinions on what is actually a good size to swap out to? What you feel worked best for you? Or if I should just keep the 20s. My biggest complaint is I have a hard time finding a decent tread.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
My opinion is to stay with stock offset rims. 30.5" diameter Max, with a 9.65"+/- tread width.
17" or 18" will give you a lot more options for tires and tread. Not to mention a smoother ride.
The Nitro will fit a 15" rim but it is not safe to run them IMO because of how close to the caliper bolts they are.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have a 2011 dodge Nitro. I love it but I HATE these 20 inch tires with a mighty passion. I've been perusing the forums for what else will fit but now I'd like to get opinions on what is actually a good size to swap out to? What you feel worked best for you? Or if I should just keep the 20s. My biggest complaint is I have a hard time finding a decent tread.
What exactly do you mean by “finding a decent tread”?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The treads I can find for the stock 20s tend to be, And I'm not sure the proper way of putting this, but city tread? I live in WV. I need something that when it snows I can still go.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
This will give you some options that others here have done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts