Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There always seem to be a bunch of posts about "what tires and wheels fit on the Nitro".

So, I have made this thread as a reference only thread.
Feel free to post what you have and as many details as you can (Including Pics).
Also post any fubars that did not work.

Include; tire brand, size #s, width, diameter, whether it rubs, if you had to trim, how much road noise, etc.
For wheels; post rim brand, model, diameter, width, offset/backspace, wheel spacers used, etc.
The more details the better. :smileup:

This thread is not for asking questions or posting comments!

Any posts asking questions or posting comments in this thread will be removed!
Please use the search function on the forum before posting new threads about what tires/wheels will fit on the Nitro. There is a ton of info already here!

Here is some general information.
Wheel Bolt Pattern
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.5 (5x114.3)
Offset Range: 18 to 35
Wheel Size Range: 16x7.0 to 24x9.5
Stock wheel and tire sizes;
16" steel wheel, 7” in width, P225/75R16 tire, 29.3” diameter, 8.86” wide.
16" alloy wheel, 6.5" in width, P225/75R16 tire, 29.3” diameter, 8.86” wide.
17" steel spare wheel 7" in width 5.75" +- backspace,P235/65R17 tire.
17" alloy wheel, 7” in width, P235/65R17 tire, 29.03” diameter, 9.25” wide.
20" Chrome clad wheel, 7 ½” in width, P245/50R20 tire, 29.65” diameter, 9.65” wide.
More info...
Hub center bore size 71.5mm
Lugnuts: Thread size is a 1/2" X 20 TPI (threads per inch), standard "acorn" lug nut with a 60-degree seat taper (also standard).(Thanks to MarkH)
16" rim is the smallest diameter that will work safely on the Nitro.

Ply rating (load range) determines how much "Load" a tire can handle as well as how easily the tire will "roll under" in turns.
The higher the letter/# ( B [4Ply], C [6Ply], D [8Ply], E [10Ply], F [12Ply]) the stiffer the sidewall = the harsher the ride, less likely to roll under, less prone to side punctures, and the more total load it can handle.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Les Schwab Mountaincat E/T (Dick Cepek tire)
245/70/17 (9.65" wide and 30.5" diameter) "E" rated. Stock rims.
No rubbing at all, even during full flex. No trimming. No wheel spacers.
Very noisy @ 50-65 Mph.
Here is the front, looking up from the ground at the closest point (front tire).

Here is one of the back. This is the closest point as well (front tire).

Here is a Pic of the "Look".

My Fubar Nitro with 15" rim/tire combo issues, with Pics

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus, P255/50R20; 30.1" dia, 10.9" wide, mounted on 7.5" wide Mopar Premium Polished and Painted Cast Aluminum Wheels. Absolutely no rubbing in any situation. No lift.

:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just added some Red Sport RSW77a: 20 x 8.5 +35 offset

Cooper Discoverer HT PLus 275/45r20:
Service Descript: 110TUTQG: 460 AB
Range: XL
Approved Rim Width: 8.5 - 10
Width: 10.7
Diameter: 29.76
Load: 2337
Tread Depth: 12

No rub issues from a visual inspection, and feel after installing.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
245/75/16 Fierce Attidude M/T (Goodyears)
16" x 8" American Outlaw Patrol Wheels
0MM offset
2" Daystar Lift
Custom front bumper

Took some trimming on the inner fenders of the front wheels both in front and behind. Loud at 40MPH, but otherwise has rather good road manners for a M/T.

·
Registered
21 Posts
XD endoru 16x8 with 0 offset bfg ko2 245/75/16. with NO lift. (coming soon) i have some rubbing in the front but will be heat gunning the wheel liners to try to get rid of the rubbing. rims come with SWEET center caps but the hub centric rings dont allow the rim to sit back. thinking about trimming the surface to give space for the caps.

Attachments

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for adding to the thread kidbolt. :rep:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I had my 20" wheels off today and measured from the inside edge of the rim to the face of the wheel. I got 5.9", 42.00 Offset.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok so I miss spoke by a few mills lol it touches a tiny bit at full lock. Like a micro amount. I even drove around in a circle in the culdesack and didn't hear a thing.

One way didn't touch at all at the front and barley touched the rear. The other way looked like it was a few mills from the front and the back barley touched.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Les Schwab Mountaincat E/T (Dick Cepek tire)
245/70/17 (9.65" wide and 30.5" diameter) "E" rated. Stock rims.
No rubbing at all, even during full flex. No trimming. No wheel spacers.
Very noisy @ 50-65 Mph.
Here is the front, looking up from the ground at the closest point (front tire).

Here is one of the back. This is the closest point as well (front tire).

Here is a Pic of the "Look".

My Fubar Nitro with 15" rim/tire combo issues, with Pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2008 SXT with the steel 16" wheels and just installed 255 70 r16 Cooper AT3. No rubbing or trimming needed. I will post a picture soon.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum n3g. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Thanks for adding to our list!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have cooper at3. 235\65\17. Great in snow. No noise on hwy. Have a V6 so 100-110 mph is adequate speed to achieving great mileage. Remember when in 4x4, its a good idea to turn off traction control when bombing around through the snow. Ive had the coop at3 for 2 yrs now, they still look new, haven't worn down at all. A simple tire rotation will extend the life of your rubber as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts