Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone still having converter problems? My 07 torque converter still chatters between 40 and 45 mph in overdrive and converter locking up. ECM has been flashed, converter and front pump replaced. Now the dealer is telling me this is normal. WTF?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Anyone still having converter problems? My 07 torque converter still chatters between 40 and 45 mph in overdrive and converter locking up. ECM has been flashed, converter and front pump replaced. Now the dealer is telling me this is normal. WTF?
Hi!

I think "normal" is a relative term. Mine still chatters a bit, but only occasionally, such as when I'm trying to apply power at the same time the torque converter is insisting on engaging.

The TSBs (newer torque converter, updated programming) take care of most of the shudder (hopefully), but Chrysler apparently feels that a little bit of residual shudder is "okay" and "within specs".

Sadly.

So, the dealer is probably right ... and "some" shudder is "normal".

Too bad Chrysler won't Do The Right Thing and totally rework the programming on the 4-speed auto transmission. (Well, supposedly they are, but could take many many months.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening all..new forum member. We’ve had our ‘07 nitro since, well, ‘07. It’s actually been a really strong vehicle for us. At 176,000 miles we are finally noticing the issues with the torque converter. I noticed a droning noise and saw that the RPM’s were dropping dramatically between 35-40 mph. And then the shakes as if you were driving over rumble strips. Finally bit the bullet and took it to the dealer to discover it was indeed the torque converter. And of course with the mileage it will have to have a new transmission. To the tune of just under $5k. Um..no. Hell no. Anyone want a still-in-good-shape nitro? Color is sunset orange. Leather interior

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum @AJM. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Sorry to hear that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts